Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #346
puredragonstar
Of the e-book counsel
puredragonstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Oasis 2017
Post Waiting Game.

Ordered my new Kindle Oasis 32gb, 3/4g connection, w/o ads on Oct 19th. I also ordered the Merlot leather case. They gave me Nov 15th delivery date for the Kindle and Oct 31 for the case. On Oct 31st I received an email saying the case wasn’t going to be delivered until Nov 27th. I was miffed but what could I do? I asked people on litsy if they had the same problem but no one has ordered it on there. So I found this forum last night. You guys inspired me to contact Amazon by email and complain about both shipping dates. They responded this morning that they changed both to one day shipping and that they were sorry because they were out of stock. As soon as they were back in they would send it. I’m more than pleased, hopefully it moves me up in the list and I might get them sooner! Here’s to hoping!!!
puredragonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:54 PM   #347
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by puredragonstar View Post
Ordered my new Kindle Oasis 32gb, 3/4g connection, w/o ads on Oct 19th. I also ordered the Merlot leather case. They gave me Nov 15th delivery date for the Kindle and Oct 31 for the case. On Oct 31st I received an email saying the case wasn’t going to be delivered until Nov 27th. I was miffed but what could I do? I asked people on litsy if they had the same problem but no one has ordered it on there. So I found this forum last night. You guys inspired me to contact Amazon by email and complain about both shipping dates. They responded this morning that they changed both to one day shipping and that they were sorry because they were out of stock. As soon as they were back in they would send it. I’m more than pleased, hopefully it moves me up in the list and I might get them sooner! Here’s to hoping!!!
Welcome to the forum. . The Oasis is worth the wait, but hopefully you will get yours earlier than anticipated.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #348
puredragonstar
Of the e-book counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Welcome to the forum. . The Oasis is worth the wait, but hopefully you will get yours earlier than anticipated.
Thank you! I hope so!
Old 11-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #349
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'm glad you got yours okay in the end, after the hassle you had, Josie.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #350
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I'm glad you got yours okay in the end, after the hassle you had, Josie.
Advert
Old 11-04-2017, 05:05 PM   #351
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
In early 2009, someone in the late (unlamented?) Amazon Kindle forum recommended a pot holder from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, which seem weird, but it is rectangular rather than hand shaped, which makes it suck as a pot holder but great as an e-reader protector. I got one for my then new K2 and have used it for every reader since until I got a cover. I still use it to keep the cover from getting scratched up. It seems it might also be needed to keep the back of the KOA2 from getting scratched up, even with a cover.
I turned a quilted placemat into a sleeve for an ereader years ago.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #352
puredragonstar
Of the e-book counsel

Angry Still haven’t got mine...

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Day to come. It’s looking more and more like my shipping date is the 14th. That’s only if I don’t get and email saying they have to push it back.

For anyone whose interested: Etsy has some shops making covers for the new Oasis. I ordered one, I’ll let everyone know when I get my device and cover what I think.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:46 PM   #353
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Hi all, I just got an email saying that my shipping date has been changed and they will be shipping sooner than they had said. It's supposed to arrive on the 9th rather than the 21st! I am very pleased! I ordered it late, on Oct 27th. It's a 32 gb wifi. I even had checked Best Buy and they were sold out of 32 gb so I had resigned to wait. Hopefully anyone else waiting will be getting them earlier too.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #354
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i got mine today. a week earlier than original estimate. updated the software right away for the audio functions and i was able to pair an old phone's bluetooth device easily. i just don't know how i can get it to read to me. the screen is gorgeous. the lighting is completely even (at least at level 14). no light cones at all.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:54 AM   #355
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i got mine today. a week earlier than original estimate. updated the software right away for the audio functions and i was able to pair an old phone's bluetooth device easily. i just don't know how i can get it to read to me. the screen is gorgeous. the lighting is completely even (at least at level 14). no light cones at all.
If you want text to speech your only option is to use Voiceview, which is designed for the visually impaired. It's awkward to use so read the instructions very carefully before you try it out.

The only devices that do actual text to speech are the Fires.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:06 AM   #356
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Device: Booken, Kobo Glo HD, Oasis2 e T80S
Brazilian suffers

I bought it in pre-release, October 11th. The official launch in Brazil was scheduled for today. The forecast of sending to me is Thursday, the 9th. Here in Brazil Amazon only made available the 8gb version. Upset.
redson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:22 PM   #357
Insomniac2
Insomniac2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I ordered my Kindle Oasis 2 and a Merlot cover on Oct 27th. Was given delivery date of Nov 21 for the Oasis and Nov 7 for the cover. Then I received notice that the shipping of the cover was delayed until December 6. Received another notice today saying that instead of having to wait until Nov 21, now my Oasis is being delivered in just 2 days, on Nov 9! Delivery date for the cover is still showing Dec 6. Not sure why I'm getting the Kindle 2 weeks before the original date, but sure glad I am. I did NOT want to wait until Nov 21. I am wondering if they don't have as any orders to fill as they originally expected? Also wondering why the cover is taking so much longer, but who really cares! I feel like a kid at Christmas time! Lol

Last edited by Insomniac2; 11-07-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Insomniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #358
jkingrph
jkingrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
I ordered my 32GB no offers on Oct 23. Expected delivery Nov 24 and has not changed. Strange that some folks saying they order after that have an earlier delivery date. Makes you wonder what's going on at amazon.
jkingrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #359
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkingrph View Post
I ordered my 32GB no offers on Oct 23. Expected delivery Nov 24 and has not changed. Strange that some folks saying they order after that have an earlier delivery date. Makes you wonder what's going on at amazon.
A question of where the stock is compared to the number of orders for that particular model in that region, I suspect. Could you fill in your location in your profile? It makes it much easier to provide meaningful help if we know at least which country you're in!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #360
jkingrph
jkingrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A question of where the stock is compared to the number of orders for that particular model in that region, I suspect. Could you fill in your location in your profile? It makes it much easier to provide meaningful help if we know at least which country you're in!

Entered.
jkingrph is offline   Reply With Quote