Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #46
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Feel free to contribute a working CSS3 validation to the css-parser library then. Waaay too much work for me just to avoid the occassional unneeded warning.
Warnings are one thing, but this is reported as an ERROR. And I don't mind ignoring the occasional warning, but I hate ignoring errors. Any chance of downgrading this from an error to a warning?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:46 AM   #47
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just continue using 100% there are now workarounds for it in both the editor and the viewer and even PDF output.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
That was a bug I fixed earlier today, look at the updated code.
Does the code to replace 100% with 100vh or 100vw work with...

Code:
img {
  max-height: 100%;
  max-width: 100%;
}
With 4.2, the width seems to work as it fills the entire window and no more, but the height does not.

Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:40 PM   #49
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works only with the standard recommended markup for displaying full screen images using an SVG tag. Nothing else. And max-width/height only prevent an element from being larger than the specified amount they do not control its size.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:38 AM   #50
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Quote:
It works only with the standard recommended markup for displaying full screen images using an SVG tag. Nothing else. And max-width/height only prevent an element from being larger than the specified amount they do not control its size.
I resize by coding every image to get the size I want with percentage of the screen not with pixel (width=25% not width=120px or whatever). Since I'm often using images with larger size than the kobo screen. max-width and max-height work well in those circumstances to assure that the image is fully display.

For an image with height superior to its width:
height: 100%;
width: auto;
max-height: 100%;

I'm also using "tablet" as Page setup when I convert book.

As for svg I use it only when I want to be able to enlarge the image during lecture (maps for example) and sometimes for the cover.

You understand that I am not trying to produce the smallest file available.
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #51
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Just continue using 100% there are now workarounds for it in both the editor and the viewer and even PDF output.
I see the previewer in the editor does not reduce images to 100% of the height of the previewer window, which is what used to happen in C3.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:57 AM   #52
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

100% does not refer to viewport size in modern browsers. But most ebook viewers including calibre's will auto-restrict images to viewport.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:46 AM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
But when using hi-res images of a larger height then the Viewer windows, it prevents the image from being too large.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote