Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-07-2016, 10:53 PM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post

(BTW, nice picture )

Thanks, it is from my wedding, the one time people did not let me get away with my usual camera shyness
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:44 PM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If only, right now I am struggling to finish the new in browser viewer -- I find developing UIs in HTML to be painful.
I think "painful" is a major understatement. I've needed some changes made in apps were I work and it's the one thing I won't volunteer to do.

Quote:
Thanks, it is from my wedding, the one time people did not let me get away with my usual camera shyness
My practice was always to be the one holding the camera. That stopped working when cameras were put into phones.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2016, 11:48 PM   #33
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Well, if you dont care about maintaining 100% accuracy in the resolved styles, simply sorting selectors is pretty trivial to implement, about 30 lines of code. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...fe8ba3b03acf03
As I'm running calibre for source for another change, this function should be available now at the editor but I don't find it at the menus. What am I missing? (Code is there, I've checked).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:08 AM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
As I'm running calibre for source for another change, this function should be available now at the editor but I don't find it at the menus. What am I missing? (Code is there, I've checked).
Go to Preferences->Toolbars in the editor and add it to the toolbar for CSS editors.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think "painful" is a major understatement. I've needed some changes made in apps were I work and it's the one thing I won't volunteer to do.
Yeah writing the UI for the new content server is pretty much the only time I have regreted my penchant for trying to do everything myself. I even went so far as to create a whole new language that compiles down to javascript to make the task less irksome, but still...

Quote:
My practice was always to be the one holding the camera. That stopped working when cameras were put into phones.
These days I try to hold up one of my daughters in front of my face
Advert
Old 09-08-2016, 12:30 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
These days I try to hold up one of my daughters in front of my face
Ah, the old distract them with the cute kid tactic. I pull that a lot, until they stopped being cute and caught on to what I was doing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:50 AM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hey, I just tried this out in 2.67

Folks, remember you will need to add this new feature button to existing installs

Help: Preferences: Toolbars: Tools for CSS editors ( <Plural? )

I noticed I had a button for Images (SRC...)

Why not one for Fonts?

(Am I a PITA yet )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:00 AM   #38
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Because fonts are managed centrally via the manage fonts tool. You just use the font if you book and then click the embed all fonts button, the editor takes care of the rest.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:53 AM   #39
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Go to Preferences->Toolbars in the editor and add it to the toolbar for CSS editors.
Been there, found nothing I was asking because of that. I found davidfor's plugin and nothing else.

BTW, nice stories about photos... I try to make the photos for my friends, so I do not appear
Old 09-08-2016, 02:05 AM   #40
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

In the editor preferences, not the main calibre preferences.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:10 AM   #41
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The last part (CSS editors) is what I was missing, I was looking at tools for all the book. Thank you very much.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:08 AM   #42
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I've tried to find a description of how the CSS styles are supposed to be sorted, but its not in the help doc.
What I did found when trying is that all remarks /* */ seem to be moved to the top, what is definitely not what you always want.
Perhaps it is handy to have some settings to define what can be touched and what not?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #43
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

When rules are sorted leaving comments where they are is pointless, since the things they refer to will all have been moved around.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #44
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
True. So it is perhaps better to be informed that after sorting not only the style effect can behave differently, but also that the style context is affected.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:18 AM   #45
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Because fonts are managed centrally via the manage fonts tool. You just use the font if you book and then click the embed all fonts button, the editor takes care of the rest.
I am (re)building a @font CSS declaration,
(Some publishers leave
/* font-family comments */ for the fonts that they can not embed
I restore the intent (or near- substitute) for my personal use )
@font-face {
font-family: "Test";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(../Fonts/font00159.ttf);
}

I currently Copy the precise file name from the file browser into a SRC snip

I assumed that 'embed referenced fonts' used more than the
font-family: "foo"

I see this usage no different than using the Image tool to apply the image SRC path to
background-image: url(../Images/image00161.jpeg)( is there any other CSS usage for this?)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote