Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 06:00 AM   #46
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Hmm. I may be looking at books generated by versions earlier than that, then; I've never seen a calibre-generated CSS sheet that used 1-2-10 sort instead of 1-10-2 straight-string sort.

Once I get the new version downloaded, I'll run a test by making a fresh MOBI-to-EPUB conversion of a random book and see what the CSS output looks like.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just took a look at an ePub> AZW3 conversion that I recently did and yes, I can verify that the CSS has the calibre classes in the correct numerical order.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #48
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Well, that was disgustingly easy. Well, it was once I actually read what Kovid had written about it. Then the hardest part was to find an icon*.

Because of a question in the Modify ePub thread about sorting the CSS, I decided to try an editor plugin.

It is dumb. It simply adds a toolbar button. Press the button and it sorts each stylesheet on the selectors. Then it presents the differences.

The plugin is attached. I have only tested it with the Qt5 beta code of calibre, but it should be OK with Qt4. I did this for curiosity more than any actual need I have. If there is any real interest, I'll open a thread to discuss it.

* And I don't think I was very successful at that.
Thank you! I will give this a try soon. Wowsers, that was fast.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #49
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Well, that was disgustingly easy. Well, it was once I actually read what Kovid had written about it. Then the hardest part was to find an icon*.

Because of a question in the Modify ePub thread about sorting the CSS, I decided to try an editor plugin.

It is dumb. It simply adds a toolbar button. Press the button and it sorts each stylesheet on the selectors. Then it presents the differences.

The plugin is attached. I have only tested it with the Qt5 beta code of calibre, but it should be OK with Qt4. I did this for curiosity more than any actual need I have. If there is any real interest, I'll open a thread to discuss it.

It worked on the very simple stylesheet I tried. Thank you! I don't know why I've been running into duplicate classes lately, but your plugin removes some of the tedium from a very tedious process. (And, BTW, I like the icon )

Last edited by icallaci; 07-25-2014 at 11:01 AM.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #50
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Might I suggest that we need a PI naming convention now that Calibre has PI's in both the Main and the editor?

<thinking ahead>
Does the editor need its own (filtered) 'Get Plugins' on its menu?
Do we need to have a finer break out if Editor PI's appear on the Main 'Get Plugins'?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #51
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Hmm. I may be looking at books generated by versions earlier than that, then; I've never seen a calibre-generated CSS sheet that used 1-2-10 sort instead of 1-10-2 straight-string sort.

Once I get the new version downloaded, I'll run a test by making a fresh MOBI-to-EPUB conversion of a random book and see what the CSS output looks like.
Hmmm!
I had noticed a few converted books no longer had the 'Calibrexx' tags now in numeric sort order (formerly ASCII sorted)

I had just assumed the publisher had sorted the 'house' stylesheet

Duplicate CSS selectors can be a pain. Early Baen (those with 6 CSS files) had body in 3 pieces. While valid, it can be a PITA to debug on large CSS. A sorted CSS helps.

For all else, I had been using Sigils GoTo Link or Class, so I did not really care where in the CSS it was.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #52
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The editor is part of the main GUI as far as I am concerned. Editor plugins are no different than any other kinds of plugins, just as viewer plugins are no different than any other kind of plugins.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #53
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The editor is part of the main GUI as far as I am concerned. Editor plugins are no different than any other kinds of plugins, just as viewer plugins are no different than any other kind of plugins.
Fair
I was thinking more about new users looking for a PI that applies only to use of the editor (and now that you mention: viewer).
The list is getting rather large ( PI developers) and I know the tendency of new users not to wade through long documentation
Old 07-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #54
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
How do you bring up the plug in tool bar? I checked it in view and didn't see it anywhere.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #55
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I think it is the one that shows at the top of the CSS (tab) when active.

Why is 'Insert Image' defaulted on the CSS toolbar
Old 07-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #56
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Ah (using 203)
Plugins got added to the (Text) Menu at the top.
The allowed toolbar configuration is 'Book wide'

I think I was also expecting it to appear elsewhere

{updated as I type }
It took ~2 restarts of Calibre and there Sort CSS Icon was at the end of the Main toolbar.
Go figure
Old 07-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #57
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Defiantly a minor bug.

I just tried on 1.46 W7x64

steps:
1) added PI sort CSS
2) restarted Calibre
3) opened editor: On the Menu: Plugins: Sort CSS appears, no other toolbar
4) (in the editor) edit: Preferences: toolbars: Book wide from 3rd party. appears
<the trigger event>
5) (in the editor) edit: Preferences: toolbars: Book wide : Add sort CSS to this toolbar: OK 2 copies of the Icon appear
6) remove the icon in step 5: OK One icon is left
Old 07-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #58
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:

Might not be working the way you thought (1.46 x64) if I understand the rules. Sorts All CSS in book? (actually, i would prefer the current only, but User PI may be limited)

2@ CSS: page_styles, styleesheet
I ran the PI, it showed changes made to Pages (not obvious, only @pages)
the other: stylesheet (the one that could use a sort, did not change. old styl calibre ASCII sorted styles)

Did I use incorrectly?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The plugin toolbar will be visible only if you have any installed plugins.

When you install a plugin it becomes available in a "Plugins" menu and if it is the first time it is installed (as opposed to being updated), it is also added to the plugins toolbar.

And note that after installing the plugin you have to restart the editor, if it was already open.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I agree that all the plugins should be in the main calibre preference list and installed/updated from the one list. But, it would be good to have a list of plugins within editor and viewer. That's were I would look to configure or disable them. But, there are better places to spend your time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote