Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2021, 12:31 PM   #31
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Big solar panels.
Geesh man, do you know how people have to sneak things into prison...?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #32
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Well, I guess once you have a prison on Mars, you also have foldable solar panels. As in foldable into tiny, tiny pieces...
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2021, 03:20 PM   #33
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Perhaps then you want my Palm Z22. It has a 2.5" 160 x 160 "colour" LCD and a choice of two pdb very basic text formats for ebooks. Curiously Adobe issued a PDF reader for it!

The charger is maybe bigger than the PDA.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:00 PM   #34
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I used to carry all my books on a Kindle Manga, these days, since I have a cell phone plan with unlimited hotspot, if I need a book, I can flip that on for a minute or two and DL the book(s) I need
EDIT: Not that it's particularly relevant to the OP's question, just that it's IMO a waste of money to get the 32 GB version unless you need the LTE version. But IMO, even that's a waste of money for me.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:31 PM   #35
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I used to carry all my books on a Kindle Manga, these days, since I have a cell phone plan with unlimited hotspot, if I need a book, I can flip that on for a minute or two and DL the book(s) I need
EDIT: Not that it's particularly relevant to the OP's question, just that it's IMO a waste of money to get the 32 GB version unless you need the LTE version. But IMO, even that's a waste of money for me.
Well, I don't download my books directly from a store. Many of them aren't even bought from Amazon or from Kobo either. So a hotspot wouldn't help me to get them on my Kindle or Kobo.
Advert
Old 08-25-2021, 07:35 PM   #36
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's fair, tbh. I generally end up eMailing my non-Amazon books to the Kindle cloud, so...
Old 08-25-2021, 07:40 PM   #37
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That's fair, tbh. I generally end up eMailing my non-Amazon books to the Kindle cloud, so...
I did that too, 10 years ago. Not anymore. I have thousands of ebooks now and managing them on Amazon would be a nightmare. I wouldn't find anything there. Plus I'd have to jump through hoops to get an azw3 to my Kindle (can't just email it as it is; one has to convert it to dual mobi or use the Kindle Previewer and so on). Though now it's apparently possible to email an azw3, there's still the fact that I just have too many books. And as I don't want the new white-space update on my Oasis, that means no wifi.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:58 PM   #38
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer

Didn't Amazon recently add support for emailing AZW3 to the cloud?
Old 08-25-2021, 08:06 PM   #39
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yep, so it was said. Haven't tested it and probably won't, unless Amazon fixes the white space issue. I no longer have other Kindles to try something, all have been sold or given away. Except for a couple of ancient non-touch basics, which I kept for sentimental reasons.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:10 PM   #40
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer

If I may ask, where was it said?
Old 08-25-2021, 08:18 PM   #41
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If I may ask, where was it said?
Someone mentioned it in the latest update thread.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #42
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer

Anyway, I can confirm that it works.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #43
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Recently? Dual-MOBI (which includes an AZW3 portion) has worked for many years.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:46 PM   #44
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Recently? Dual-MOBI (which includes an AZW3 portion) has worked for many years.
Yes, but you couldn't send an AZW3 alone. And dual mobi didn't always work, at least for me. Often I got the ordinary mobi on my device, not the azw3.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #45
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes, but you couldn't send an AZW3 alone. And dual mobi didn't always work, at least for me. Often I got the ordinary mobi on my device, not the azw3.
Oh, this is sole-azw3, I see. I hadn't read the huge new-firmware thread at the time I posted that. All is now ciear.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote