Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
TheDeciderBoy
TheDeciderBoy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Sold Nook. Questions.

I just placed an order for a Kindle 3. The main reason being the Kindle has more of what I read available for download on Amazon.Com at better prices in addition to not having to go to other sites using the USB to upload. Oddly the reason is probably the mine gripe of the Kindle-locked formatting. If what I need is there--I could care less about locked formatting.

Now, with that being said, eventually upon receiving my Kindle 3 I will sell my Nook. I have no intentions of owning both. I tend to be loyal to one. My question is--What do I need to make sure to do to my Nook to get it ready to sell?

Some kind of formatting? Deregistering?

Last edited by TheDeciderBoy; 09-14-2010 at 10:38 PM.
TheDeciderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
bmatt
Enthusiast
bmatt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I don't actually own a Nook, but I have been looking at them. I believe I ran into a factory reset option in the settings menu that will do the trick?
bmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
You definitely need to unregister it, or else your buyer will be unable to register and will be very upset.

If you bought an extended warranty, you need to transfer that warranty. (The standard warranty is not transferrable.)

The factory reset option would also be good to do.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
unregister it and then reset it to factory setting. It'll look like the day you first received it. Will even tell you to charge it before you use it.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote