Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2005, 05:41 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Nokia 770 suffers from poor WiFi connectivity

As sad as this sounds, the Nokia 770 may not be the perfect mobile device yet. The guys over at Mobile Gazette found that WiFi connectivity of the 770 leaves much to be desired. They had trouble connecting to various domestic WLAN routers unless the device was very close in range.

The poor wireless LAN connectivity in our Nokia 770 is a very serious flaw, which is either a design issue or hardware fault. Otherwise, this is an excellent device with good inbuilt software. It works well with Bluetooth phones, and it is especially useful with a 3G handset. The inbuilt software still has a few rough edges and could do with some enhancements, but remember this platform is continually developing. We will pursue Nokia about the poor WLAN connectivity. If that can be resolved, then we would recommend this device wholeheartedly.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is odd. The wlan connectivity in my 770 is far greater than the laptops I'm able to compare it to -- lots more networks seen. At my desk I can see 14 networks where two IBM Thinkpads can see only 5.

I wonder what they were testing that's not bearing out with my real-world experience?
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Perhaps they had a faulty test device? Sounds most likely...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:35 AM   #4
MASS
MASS began at the beginning.

Device: N 770/N 6630
W-LAN connecting problem

I can detect W-LAN spoots, my own and others, but I can´t get connected, it´s only tries. What do I do wrong ? The spoots I tried on has no security at all.
MASS is offline   Reply With Quote