Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
MarzKrishna
MarzKrishna began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
500 Programming

Hi. I´m a new guy here and have been looking through the pinned topics. I´m not quite sure if the sdks posted are strictly mime type stuff or what. I just ordered the prs-500 and I should have it next week. My main conserns is with writing applications for the prs-500. Everything i´ve seen so far is a bit confusing. So far I Think i´m clear that the prs-500 runs some form of linux. The main thing i want to do is get a terminal console, if i can get gcc running on it with libs for usb that would be great. I think i can write my own text editor if i get the right tools. I have the flex/bison stuff (although i haven´t read into it) and am willing to write code to put together stuff that doesn´t exist. I´m good with c. I´ve read a lot of c++ but never use it. And i´ve read 1 x86 assembly book from the 90s. If anyone want´s to start a new linux distro for the 500 then letś talk about that. I´m also trying to figure out the exact processor and itś speed. I would imagine itś arm9 or arm11, but i have no idea.
MarzKrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
quicksilver
dude
quicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook
Have you found any solutions yet? I'm interested in programming for the PRS-500 too.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert