Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
VicVega
VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Zooming PDF-Size on PRS-T1/2

Hi there,

I own a PRS-350 and although I am quite happy with it, there is one thing that bothers me. PDF-Zooming (not reflowing).

After zooming in you are not able to turn pages and the icons are all over the place. You can now lock the screen to turn pages and get rid of the icons but therefore you can't scroll the page your on anymore. Therefore you need to use a mix of both to read a zoomed in PDF.

1. zoom in, to get the size I wish
2. lock, to get rid of the icons over my text
3. unlock again after reading, to be able to scroll the page down
4. lock again, to go on reading and being able to turn pages when ready
5. unlock again after turning the page, to be able to scroll back to the beginning of the page, since the position locked after finishing a page is the bottom of the page and therefore will be the position on the new page after turning pages, and then it goes back to 2.

So, my question is simple. Is this still the same on the PRS T1/T2?
Or am I able to zoom in and turn pages plus scroll the the page I'm on without switching modes.

Technically it must be possible because what I'm actually asking for is the 2-, 3-, etc-Column feature but with individual zooming-amounts.

Many thanks for your help
VicVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
VicVega

Hi and welcome at MR!

I don't remember how this works with the T1, but have a lock at PRS+ or PRS+Zork-Edition

Both provide panning the page while in ZoomLock (Obviously you will have to use the hardware-buttons so turn pages) for PRS-x50 reader.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 12-12-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added welcome, as this your first post
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
VicVega
VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds nice. I'll take a look at them.
T1/T2, anybody?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Well for the T1 I convert them to epub using calibre pdfs are always a pita.. if it doesnt work in calibre from the raw pdf I load it into acrobat and save it as a text file and then convert tat to epub.....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
rufy93
rufy93 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
In the stock reader app of the T1 you have the following alternatives if I remember correctly;
Original (full page view)
Split in 4 (read first the top left quarter, bottom left, top right, bottom right)
Split in 6 (Same as above but you go through a center column as well)
Page width in Landscape.
rufy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
VicVega

I did a little more research and maybe someone else likes to know, too.

Well, you still can't zoom in and skip threw the page by pressing the page-turn buttons which is quite a let down since they actually have this feature but only let you use a few predefined zooming-amounts and call it 3-col, 2-cols etc.

Matter of fact, they even went a step backwards by removing those Arrow-Icons in zoom-Mode which let you skip back to the top of the page after turning pages quite easy. Now you have to drag it all the way up with your finger.

So the best solution is to use PRS+ (thanks for that Mark). With that you can move the page down with your finger without leaving lock-mode but still have the arrows to quickly move the page back up after turning pages.

So the PRSs before the T1 are actually the best choice for viewing PDFs. This applies to all the readers on the market as far as I know since the Kobo Glo does exactly the same as T1/T2 does.