Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
part of screen not responding

I have had my touch since just before Christmas, and I love it. I haven't had a minutes problem out of it. But last night the strangest thing started happening. Down at the bottom of my screen, where you would swipe to unlock, stopped responding. I finally pushed the on/off button enough times to restart the nook, and it let me unlock. But, as soon as it went to sleep again, same thing happened. I removed the sd card, and checked battery level under settings. It was 98%, so shouldn't be low battery.
Any ideas? Is there a way to reset with a paper clip like some readers? It looks like there is a place to push next to where you hook a cord up to it, but nothing happened when I pushed it. I bought it at Best Buy, do I still call Barnes and Noble? I've got it hooked up to my computer, to let it charge, just in case that was off.
Thanks for any help!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Is there a way to reset with a paper clip like some readers? It looks like there is a place to push next to where you hook a cord up to it, but nothing happened when I pushed it.
That's the LED, that lights up when you plug the Nook in.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
And that would be why it didn't do anything!! Some days I'm such a doof!
The light still works!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
I don't remember the procedure, but try looking in some of the recent threads about firmware versions/updating/issues. There is supposedly a procedure to revert the nook touch back to factory settings. Something like a number of times rebooting or something?

You can also force power off on the thing by holding down the power button for something like 20 odd seconds. That may or may not help out over just a simple reboot. It is hard to tell that it happened, other than the screen/input stops responding. Just hold down the power button again for the normal 2-3 seconds to reboot it once that happens.

Last edited by azazel1024; 02-09-2012 at 03:25 PM.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote