Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
offgrey
offgrey began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Exclamation Kindle 3's a and s keys not working

I don't know why but for some reason, my Kindle's a and s keys suddenly stopped working. I'm pretty sure it was working a few days ago, as I had just annotated a book then. Now, they're not working. What gives? I'm pretty sure the kindle didn't get wet or anything. All the other keys are working fine.

Thank you!
offgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
How old is it? Call Amaozn support
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
How old is it? Call Amaozn support
No, call KINDLE support. They are a different department, and will give you a lot more help than the general Amazon support will.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Go here :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470

Click on the contact us button, sign into your account and choose the call me feature.

Someone will call you back almost immediately.

Let us know what they say.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
offgrey

Unfortunately, I don't live in the United States. I'm actually from the Philippines. I will use the email option. I'll let you know what happens.
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #6
offgrey

Hi! I used the chatting option for the contact us thing on the Kindle customer support. The CSR managed to create a replacement order for the new Kindle they're sending over. No charges at all, and they're even sending it over through priority shipping. They said it'd arrive before the 28th, but considering it's the holiday season, I'm guessing it'll arrive later. They're also not requiring me to send my old kindle back. So I guess I have a new one and one that is slightly malfunctioning (?).
Old 12-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Yeah for Kindle/Amazon support!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
When I have had a malfunctioning Kindle, Amazon Customer Service sends a new one and then I have to send my broken one back to them. Otherwise, I get charged the full replacement price for the replacement unit.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:45 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
When I have had a malfunctioning Kindle, Amazon Customer Service sends a new one and then I have to send my broken one back to them. Otherwise, I get charged the full replacement price for the replacement unit.
That's because you're in the US. If you're in a more out-of-the-way place like the Philippines, it's not worth it for Amazon to pay for shipment both ways.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote