Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
WordMan
WordMan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Author Editing, Change in Behavior... Bug?

This appears to be a design change. But I wanted to add a comment.

Using the Left Panel, Authors. Previously when editing authors, I have over 12,000, The Panel set the newly edited Author in the vertical middle of the panel. Recently this has changed to the alphabet heading.

Example: If I edit Jonh Smith to read John Smith. Calibre now moves the focus to the top of the 'S' listing of all Authors.

With many thousands of Authors this change has greatly increased time taken fixing newly added books, as I have to move down the list and find my last edited Author to continue my systematic viewing and editing of Authors.

Is this deliberate?

DB
WordMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There has been discussion
Do you have the tag browser partitioned by First Letter?
(Preferences: Behavior: Tag Browser (tab)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:20 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There has been discussion
And here it is ==>> Changed behaviour in 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordMan View Post
This appears to be a design change.

<snip>

Is this deliberate?
@WordMan - in that thread I reference above, you'll see that Kovid made a number of changes. Are you using the very latest version?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
authors vertically