Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-16-2017, 07:05 AM   #46
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
What if the image is floated right or left?
I once had occasion to do that, and it didn't hold up well on Look Inside, so I've never gone back to that particular well. I realize that you don't have that freedom!

I find that ebooking changes a writer's style in many ways, from shortening paragraphs to abjuring footnotes. The screen on most e-readers is so small that it's folly IMHO to do anything other than width=100% or maybe even width=60% and center the thang.

Some of these stylistic changes, esp the shorter paragraphs and banishing acknowledgements etc to the back of the book, are all to the good. When I build a paperback from an ebook, I do occasionally combine paragraphs (say to get rid of widows+orphans) but that's very rare. I've come to like multiple paragraphs on a page, not to mention the occasional two-line drop-cap (my paperback equivalent of a small-cap boldface intro to a new section).
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote