Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Need to repair Kindle Keyboard USB port

I have a Kindle Keyboard with a broken USB port. It's not dead yet, but when the power runs out, I won't be able to recharge it. Does anyone have any repair information on how to replace the USB port? I know I'll have to do some soldering, and I can do it, but I haven't done it in a long time. Most of the information I have seen has been about replacing the USB on the Fire tablet.

I'd also like some information on what USB port to buy. I've seen several, but I am not sure which is the right one for the Kindle Keyboard.

Thanks.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks like I could replace the whole motherboard pretty cheaply (the real costly item is the screen). The only problem is that my Kindle Keyboard is a 3G model, and the replacement motherboard would be for a WiFi only one. This would be an inconvenience, but it would be easier to replace the motherboard than to remove ans solder in a new USB port.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
OR You could just buy a refurbished K3 at Amazon for under $30....

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wirele...Bkeyboard&th=1

Last edited by Barbara1955; 03-27-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
QuantumIguana
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
OR You could just buy a refurbished K3 at Amazon for under $30....

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wirele...Bkeyboard&th=1
Sure, but I can fix it for about $5. Either have to replace the USB port or the motherboard.