Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
memokun
memokun began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can't open books

After update to 5.4.4.6 on Android 8.1.0, I can't open any books from CC.
When I tap a book, nothing happens. When I tap "Read" on the details screen, CC crashes.
memokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by memokun View Post
After update to 5.4.4.6 on Android 8.1.0, I can't open any books from CC.
When I tap a book, nothing happens. When I tap "Read" on the details screen, CC crashes.
What device are you using?

Also what reader app are you trying to open on?

If possible can you go to settings and please send your crash logs to us. Settings > Other > Email a debug log to MultiPie
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 12:23 AM   #3
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

We identified the issue and are working now on a hot fix.

This case seems to be coming up and has impacted a small group of users. Will have something out soon.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 05-05-2020, 05:03 AM   #4
memokun

Oh wow, that was fast! And sorry I didn't get back sooner, I just saw your reply.

In case you still need the info:
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with LineageOS.
I was trying to open Moon+ Reader, but the problem persists if I clear the default apps (as I said, nothing happens, the app selection dialog isn't even shown).

And I can't email a crash log, because that seems to be affected, too. A toast message comes up saying "Your device says it cannot send email!"

And thanks for all your work! CC is one of my most useful and most used apps .
Old 05-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
zeltus
zeltus began at the beginning.

Aah, I assumed I'd broken something (it usually is my fault) but came here to see what I'd done. Looks like it's not me (hooray) but this 'ere Butler (boo) - I shall wait patiently.
zeltus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #6
PMrev
Groupie

Hey Y'all,

New version is out with the fix.

Please give it a try and tell us how it goes.

Thank you,
Alex
Old 05-05-2020, 02:57 PM   #7
bobmos
bobmos began at the beginning.

Device: android
When will 5.4.4.7 be on google play store?
bobmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #8
PMrev
Groupie

Should be out now.

Might take a couple hours to show in the store based on release.

Try closing google play and restarting.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:10 PM   #9
memokun

It just showed up on the Play Store, but unfortunately it's still the same ��
Old 05-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #10
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
It just showed up on the Play Store, but unfortunately it's still the same ��
:/

hmmmmm

Would you be able to open the app and press the read button again, then go to settings > Other > Email a debug log to MultiPie.

Getting the logs would be really helpful for us to dissect the issue. Can't reproduce on our end right now.

Alex
Old 05-05-2020, 04:44 PM   #11
memokun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
:/

Would you be able to open the app and press the read button again, then go to settings > Other > Email a debug log to MultiPie.
As I said earlier, at least on my device that doesn't work, either. A toast message comes up saying "Your device says it cannot send email!"
Old 05-05-2020, 04:46 PM   #12
memokun

Is there another way to get the log?
Old 05-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #13
memokun

Does this help?
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat_05-05-2020_23-00-35.txt (15.8 KB, 155 views)
Old 05-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #14
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Is there another way to get the log?
You can enable developer mode on your device and generate a bug report manually.

Let me look into how to resolve the device not being able to send the logs but here is an article on how to do so:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2960948

Alex
Old 05-05-2020, 05:15 PM   #15
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Does this help?
Will dig into this and start debugging.