Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #16
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Lg 8.3, Ipad Pro & Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Status is " coming soon." Verification would require time travel

A beta tester may have it but usual rules are that they don't post publicly before release.

I am not an iOS tester
I thought it had been released as per #2.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #17
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I thought it had been released as per #2.
Released to apple, then they have approve it, I think.

Check the Apple store version of you have access. Not so easy for me to do that as i have no apple accounts or devices.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:01 PM   #18
PMrev
Zealot
PMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Yes, but intentions are sometimes different than reality. Perhaps I should have worded my question differently, as in "has anyone verified that the books can be accessed off line?"
In the latest release notes we specified that books would be available offline.

Also in the beginning of this thread.

Yes it will be available.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:07 PM   #19
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
In the latest release notes we specified that books would be available offline.

Also in the beginning of this thread.

Yes it will be available.
I understand you have worked to have it available. But, until someone else says they have tried it and it worked, I won't download it. It works, albeit clunky at the moment for me. If I download it and I'm off line, as I usually am due to limited data plan, and it doesn't work, I'll be unable to read on my ipad - hense the question.

Sorry, I thought you could go to the Apple store and get it now. Thanks for your reply, I'll wait until it is verified before downloading.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #20
Mims
Groupie
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
I have subscribed so I can’t check how it works without subscription now. What I found as kind of a work around before I subscribed was to have WiFi or cellular connection, open CC, skip to get access. Once you have access, turn off WiFi, you will still have access until you close CC.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #21
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
I have subscribed so I can’t check how it works without subscription now. What I found as kind of a work around before I subscribed was to have WiFi or cellular connection, open CC, skip to get access. Once you have access, turn off WiFi, you will still have access until you close CC.
Thanks, but not a viable solution for me. Hopefully the new edition will correct the problem and I can download it.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #22
PMrev
Zealot
PMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Thanks, but not a viable solution for me. Hopefully the new edition will correct the problem and I can download it.
I'm confused Peaceridge.

What are you trying to confirm.

The latest app release, 2.0.3, if you have no cellular or wifi, the app will let you in. The bug was that the loading screen would just endlessly load if you did not have wifi or cellular.

Now with the fix, if you do not have cellular or wifi you can get pass that screen into the app.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:59 PM   #23
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
I'm confused Peaceridge.

What are you trying to confirm.

The latest app release, 2.0.3, if you have no cellular or wifi, the app will let you in. The bug was that the loading screen would just endlessly load if you did not have wifi or cellular.

Now with the fix, if you do not have cellular or wifi you can get pass that screen into the app.
Sorry, I'm trying to make sure I can actually use CC after I update it to the new release, since there is no going back with Apple. I only turn on wifi to download books from Calibre to CC, then I turn wifi off. Often, I do not even have wifi towers available as I full time in a rv. When that happens I go to public wifis. Than when I'm back to the camp, I open the ebooks in various apps, for reading Hope this makes my concerns clearer.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:42 PM   #24
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac OS X, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, Kindle for Mac & PC
I have updated to the new iOS release and I can confirm that (1) the App will still let you skip subscription if you already purchased and (2) it works offline (I tried turning off mobile and it still opened and gave me access to books) assuming you have the book files on the iPhone/iPad and haven’t just download text files.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:13 PM   #25
Pixiestyxs
Pixiestyxs began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
What's the point of having a no option under Have you read this book? if it's not shown on the grid list?

Before if I manually chose No, it would display the X on the grid list. This was very helpful to quickly see books in the gridlist that I had chosen not to read.
Pixiestyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:28 PM   #26
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac OS X, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, Kindle for Mac & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiestyxs View Post
What's the point of having a no option under Have you read this book? if it's not shown on the grid list?

Before if I manually chose No, it would display the X on the grid list. This was very helpful to quickly see books in the gridlist that I had chosen not to read.
I agreed with this. In the grouping draw, you can only see the ‘read’ books and not the ‘unread’ books. You use the be able to see both.

In addition, you used to be able to add the custom columns to the left hand side grouping draw, and now you can’t. This was very helpful. For example if Source was Amazon or Apple. Now you can only see custom columns in the top right filter which you can’t work out which is which. Please bring back these features.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:24 AM   #27
Mims
Groupie
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
I have a custom column for source in Calibre. In Calibre Companion drawer group settings I chose for it to show up in the group drawer and it does. Read is in the group drawer as well and when I select that it shows read and unread and I can select on those. In the AZ sorting list read is a choice and you can sort ascending or descending on read/unread.

In list and grid view I am seeing what you are seeing. Read books marked. No markings on unread books.

What version do you have? Mine is 2.0.7 (9)

Last edited by Mims; 05-06-2020 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Add question
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote