Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMEL View Post
Hi thanks for reply. I created my own TOC in Ibooks author with pictures and custom indents etc.(the "native" toc) and then the program makes another one so I end up with 2 full ones.

anyway I can get the program to recognize mine?
With all due respect, given how much total crap iAuthor puts in an eBook file, it's a miracle that you can get it to build in the first place. Pictures? Oish.

Quote:
They keep getting back to me and apologizing but have provided no real answers?
it is identical to the one I uploaded 3 years ago except for some spell checking.
The PW--the upload mechanism/intake/pre-processing--changes DAILY. You cannot expect the same file to work the same way, 3 years later. Hell, you can't be sure 3 months later. We upload and test files with fonts DAILY, because an embedded font on Monday may not work on Tuesday.

Now, having said that--you apparently have one TOC, in, maybe, HTML, that you built in iAuthor. You're saying that when you upload this ePUB to the KDP, it's magically making more TOCs? KDP doesn't do that. It won't build a TOC for you, if it recognizes the one that you have, which might be your issue. (Why it would be building one in any event, in an other-than-Word file, damned if I know).

Do you know whether you're using ePUB2 or 3? Do you know if you have a nav element, or an NCX? or, both, which might be the problem here? Do you know how to edit your file in Sigil or Calibre's ePUB editor??? Without some more info, nobody here can help you.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hi thanks for reply. I created my own TOC in Ibooks author with pictures and custom indents etc.(the "native" toc) and then the program makes another one so I end up with 2 full ones.

anyway I can get the program to recognize mine?
Did you set the correct Semantics on the TOC file (Right click menu)?
Each file can only have 1 type set
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert