Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
It's a race to the first unboxing video!
It won't be me. I'm having mine sent to Montana, where I'll be for Christmas, so I can avoid sales tax. My little yearly shopping tradition.
Unboxing videos are silly. Whoever makes one is a sad lonely person with no life.

Part of the fun f getting a new toy/device is unboxing. Watching the video (someone with no life made) spoils this.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-14-2017 at 04:42 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:38 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Japan
32GB, Wi-Fi, ordered 12 October, arriving 31 October
Merlot leather cover, ordered 12 October, arriving 12-15 November
Just be extra careful until you get the cover. When I got my H2O, I was extra careful and it never left the house until I got a cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #18
deborakaye
deborakaye doesn't litterdeborakaye doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I ordered mine October 11th. It will arrive on Oct 31. I got the wifi 32gb bundle with merlot case.
deborakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #19
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I am losing this "race"... I held out until today. Gave in and ordered the 8Gb wifi version. Delivery is targeted for Nov. 13. Changed my order to the 32Gb model and now have Oct. 31st as a Delivery Date. Guess there is higher demand vs. supply of the 8.

Last edited by radamo; 10-15-2017 at 07:28 AM.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:36 PM   #20
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've placed an order with Amazon for the 32GB wifi and Black Fabric case. I may cancel the Oasis if I see a sign that John Lewis will sell them on release date, but if I don't my delivery date from Amazon is the 31st.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #21
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I thought it would be fun to share our expected delivery dates for the new Oasis! I got in early, so mine should be delivered on the release date: 31st October. What dates are people who ordered later seeing?
Mine is also due for delivery on 31 October; I pre-ordered about 7pm on 11 October.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #22
webjunk
Enthusiast
webjunk began at the beginning.

Device: None
Not a merlot case left in Europe.
webjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #23
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Unboxing videos are silly. Whoever makes one is a sad lonely person with no life.
That's true for about 75 percent of the material on the Internet. Yet here we are. Creating more drivel. And responding to it.

Never made an unboxing video myself, but I remember years ago some guys were making a nice chunk of change from the advertising clicks.

Who is more sad and lonely? The person who makes the video, or the crowds who come to watch?
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:01 PM   #24
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
October 31... can't come soon enough!
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #25
leYtor
leYtor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle PW3
The release date in Brazil is 7 november, same date of my delivery
leYtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #26
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Mine will be dispatched on the 30th Oct for delivery on the 31st - according to the Track Delivery info on my order.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #27
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
I ordered 32 GB, wifi only, no special offers, midnight leather cover. Ordered October 11th and scheduled for delivery on October 31st.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #28
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Device: Booken, Kobo Glo HD, Oasis2 e T80S
New Kindle Oasis.

Date scheduled for me is November 14. I live in Brasilia, Brazil. I also bought it on October 11th.
redson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #29
teralpar
teralpar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini w/Retina
I preordered mine this afternoon: 8 GB, WiFi only w/o special offers. Expected delivery date November 10th with one-day shipping.
teralpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #30
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just be extra careful until you get the cover. When I got my H2O, I was extra careful and it never left the house until I got a cover.
Thanks, I will. All my readers have original covers and I never take them anywhere without them.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote