Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
Noraire
Noraire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Question Sending .djvu files to (KOReader) Kobo

So, I use Calibre to organize all my books and keep track of everything I've sent to my Kobo Glo HD. I have a large amount of pdfs that take a lot of space, so I started converting my pdf files to djvu and installed KOReader to let the device read the format. The problem is that Calibre refuses to send the djvu files to my Kobo and asks me to convert them. If I manually paste the djvu in the device it works fine, but Calibre becomes useless in keeping track of the books I already transfered. Is there anything I can do to make djvu format allowed to transfer?
Noraire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you configured the Kobo output device driver to say that djvu is an acceptable format? It sounds as if you have not so that Calibre wants to convert the book to the format that is configured as the preferred format for the Kobo.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Noraire: As itimpi said, adding DJVU to the list of formats should allow them to be sent to the Kobo device. But, once sent, when you connect again, calibre won't see them as being on the device. This is because nickel (the Kobo interface) does not handle them and will not import them into the internal database. The KoboTouch driver only looks at the database on the device when looking for books.

If you only use Koreader and not nickel, then you will already be seeing this for all formats. In this case, I recommend disabling the KoboTouch driver and using either "Connect to folder" or a the "User Defined USB driver" to connect to the device. With either of these, calibre will scan the connected file system for all book formats
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:38 AM   #4
Noraire
Noraire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you both very much. Everything is working now.
Noraire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
djvu, kobo, koreader