Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
xr4ti
xr4ti began at the beginning.

Device: wm6
quick hello w/ hopes of losing the message @ top of page

hiya, was poking around that internet thing since my PDA (PPC) is dieing a slow death and i've decided to move to a cell/pda (WM6 probably) combo leaving me at a loss as to what to do about my massive lit file collection.

nyway, instead of asking the standard newbie questions i'll poke around here for a while hoping to come to some sort of a conclusion.

oh, yeah, hi all.

x
xr4ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr4ti View Post
hiya, was poking around that internet thing since my PDA (PPC) is dieing a slow death and i've decided to move to a cell/pda (WM6 probably) combo leaving me at a loss as to what to do about my massive lit file collection.

nyway, instead of asking the standard newbie questions i'll poke around here for a while hoping to come to some sort of a conclusion.

oh, yeah, hi all.

x
Hi! And welcome. You might want to look at the HTC Touch, it is handsome and easily carried besides running WiFi, Bluetooth and WM6.

As for your massive lit collection, install Microsoft Reader on it. Or Mobipocket & convert all your lits easily and quickly using any of the software you can find. Instructions for that should also be readily found around here.
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2008, 07:26 AM   #3
xr4ti

thanks for the super fast reply

i probably should have noted that i live in japan :doh: and therefore my options tend to get further limited

my poking around prior to landing here was leading me in the direction of using mobipocket primarily (despite the many titles i've "bought" via the swedish buccaneers i also have a fairly extensive collection of lit format books i bought, really, at amazon).

i am slowly coming to the conclusion that a mass conversion of lit to mobi (that is the file format, right?) is in my future, i was just hoping there would be a way to avoid it.

the mobipocket (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...ilsReader.asp#) page is extreemly light on details, thank god for this internet thing
Old 02-04-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
xr4ti

thanks the quick super fast reply!

i probably should have noted that i live in japan and there is a very limited universe of available devices (actual regular cell phones here are in many ways more advanced than smartphones but i can't read my lit files on them at all)

nyway, my poking around both prior landing here and here have basically led me to the conclusion that your suggested wm6 / mobipocket combo is the way to go. so after i am done bracing myself for the massive convert job (despite my "purchases" with the swedish buccaneers i still have a far too large collection of unread drmed lit files courtesy of my friends at amazon so to avoid the mess that i keep reading about and don't want to deal with i'll probably just convert my entire library...

thanks for the advice.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead.

There is a tool called ConvertLIT (or clit for short) that works great for moving stuff from LIT format. I move books to HTML and from there to the format of my choice. At the moment it is LRF or the Sony Reader. It would be just as easy to move it to Mobipocket.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote