Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
clockmaker
clockmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Two or multiple instances of Calibre on one computer

Is it possible to run two or multiple instances of Calibre on one computer at the same time using different calibre libraries?
clockmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockmaker View Post
Is it possible to run two or multiple instances of Calibre on one computer at the same time using different calibre libraries?
That 'different libraries' is the key. As long as you do that, it's possible; look at the '--with-library' command line switch.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Asermar
Asermar began at the beginning.

Device: jinke v3
Hi,
I need to open two instances of calibre over diferent db in the same computer.
I've tried with --with-library parameter, but this only allows a single instance.

I'm runing linux with a virtualbox windows machine for the second instance and I'd like to run the two instances without the virtual machine

I use the second machine for pre-format of new books before to insert in the main library and use the first instance as reference while I'm working with the new books. Usually I add about 500 books at a single insert.

thanks
Asermar is offline   Reply With Quote