Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-30-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
aky1969
aky1969 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905
Unhappy Kobo Touch N905 is not working

Hi everyone.
Suddenly my Kobo Touch N905 is not working.
I think is the internal SD software.
Anyone knos where to find the software and how to put on a new sd?
Thanks
Aky
aky1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, we can't help. The N905 version of the Touch has fixed memory that cannot be removed. Because of that, we don't have an image and wouldn't have a way to restore it we did.

In case there something else, how is it not working? Does the screen do anything, does the LED flash? And have you tried a factory reset using the buttons.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2015, 03:11 AM   #3
aky1969
aky1969 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Unfortunately, we can't help. The N905 version of the Touch has fixed memory that cannot be removed. Because of that, we don't have an image and wouldn't have a way to restore it we did.

In case there something else, how is it not working? Does the screen do anything, does the LED flash? And have you tried a factory reset using the buttons.
Thanks for your answer. the product number is N905-KBO-L and the serial starts with N905J662XXXXX-L
I've opened the Kobo Touch Reader and it has a 2Gb SD memory card inserted. If necessary I can post a picture of the open Kobo Touch Reader.
I've tried to read it with a PC but it says is not formatted and I can't read the SD card.
I'v also tried the factory reset but nothing happens.
When trying swithcing on the Kobo Touch Reader the blue light swicht fixed for three seconds and then a green light blanks for 15 seconds (more or less).
That's all.
Thanks in advance for your support
aky1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:40 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That means it is either an N905B or an N905C. I think the serial number means it is an N905C, but I'm not sure. The model number should be on the end of the device with the USB port.

As it won't harm to try either image, I'll send you the links to both. Restore one and try it, if it works good, otherwise try the other.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
zychla15
zychla15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That means it is either an N905B or an N905C. I think the serial number means it is an N905C, but I'm not sure. The model number should be on the end of the device with the USB port.

As it won't harm to try either image, I'll send you the links to both. Restore one and try it, if it works good, otherwise try the other.
Hi, got same problem, can You send me link to N905B?
zychla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:08 PM   #7
nge
nge began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Similar problem solved

I've a kobo "n905" and it appeared to be dead (power off, super slow charge -0.02/0.05A, the batery only toke charge about 150 mAh during all night, and impossible to power on -button, home button, reset button-)
I desconnectet the batery, pull the motherboard out and left for some hours. Then, I armed it again and suddenly it begin to charge normaly -0.30mA- and started as usual.
======================
Tengo un kobo "n905" y parecía estar muerto (apagado, carga súper lenta -0.02/0.05A, la batería solo cargó alrededor de 150 mAh durante toda la noche e imposible de encender -botón, botón de inicio, Botón de reinicio-)
Desconecté la batería, saqué la placa base y lo dejé por algunas horas. Luego, lo volví a armar y de repente empezó a cargar normalmente -0.30mA- y arrancó como de costumbre.
nge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, kobo, not working, touch