Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Where is reading position in the calibre-viewer stored?

When I open up a book in calibre-viewer it remembers my reading position. I was just curious where this data is stored because I don't see any data column for this data element nor a way to create it. Is this stored in the viewer itself? Is there a way to display this reading progress data in a column?

I'm able to sync reading progress from books I've read in Marvin on my iOS device, but I don't see a way to do the same with the calibre-viewer position.
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
If I remember correctly, it's stored in the ebook itself. (metadata?)
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It is stored in a file inside the ebook itself, at "META-INF/calibre-bookmarks.txt" IIRC.
(I believe it may also be stored in a hidden table inside the library database.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is stored in a config file, with optionally a copy stored inside the epub file itself (when you are reading epub). And there is no progress information stored. What is stored is a last read bookmark, which is a CFI identifier, not a percent read.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote