Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #106
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacetwo View Post
The latest book in the Young Lions books seems to be free at Amazon UK at present. I enjoyed the first book and made it through the second and third. I think probably YA is the right category as some of the story telling rankled me but not a bad yarn based in an alternative England where Germany succeeded in invading but failed to capture the whole UK.

Anyway the free book is Young Lions feast

Strangely the first book in the series seems to be unavailable as a kindle book but is available in paperback.
Thanks.

The first book, Young Lions 11 Aug 2011 by Andrew Mackay has a different publisher "AuthorHouse Publishing"

current paperback publishers, "New Generation Publishing"

Young Lions Feast is listed as 29 Sep 2016

The latest seems to be Young Lions Pride 22 May 2018

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Young-Lions...dp/B07D812NCF/

But neither the author page nor the series page has been properly updated.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #107
Kacetwo
Connoisseur
Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Thanks.

The first book, Young Lions 11 Aug 2011 by Andrew Mackay has a different publisher "AuthorHouse Publishing"

current paperback publishers, "New Generation Publishing"

Young Lions Feast is listed as 29 Sep 2016

The latest seems to be Young Lions Pride 22 May 2018

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Young-Lions...dp/B07D812NCF/

But neither the author page nor the series page has been properly updated.
Thanks for doing this research. I knew about the series as I met the author at a book signing and, well, got a booked signed. I have several of them on Kindle but have lost track with the more recent ones. As I said I quite enjoyed the ones I have read but a few things just annoyed me (I seem to recall many German soldiers tend to pee themselves when alarmed.) However for a YA group the stories seem to move along quite well and the alternative history draws well, as far as I can tell, from situations at the time.
Kacetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:33 AM   #108
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Now $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. Not quite as good as $1.99, if you missed that, but still not too bad, considering it spends a lot of time in the $5 - $7 range. Links below are still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The Newbery Medal winning Island of the Blue Dolphins, by Scott O'Dell, has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038AUY8M/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/isl...-blue-dolphins
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:31 PM   #109
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I've been seeing Jerry West's Happy Hollisters series books offered for free lately. This is the third so far and still offered for free:

https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Hollist...dp/B07FQSS2MH/

I read these as a kid and loved them back then.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:32 PM   #110
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I've been seeing Jerry West's Happy Hollisters series books offered for free lately. This is the third so far and still offered for free:

https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Hollist...dp/B07FQSS2MH/

I read these as a kid and loved them back then.
Ah yes -- I remember these! edit: I'd forgotten the name. I could only remember "The Five Little Peppers" series.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #111
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another Happy Hollisters books is free at Amazon today:

The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach (Bk 3)
Old 07-13-2019, 08:52 PM   #112
FizzyWater

It looks like the 24th book is free again:

The Happy Hollisters and the Cuckoo Clock Mystery (Volume 24)

I've been checking the main "Happy Hollisters" page just about every day now, since I'd love to revisit the series, but not enough to pay $150 for.

Series page at Amazon
Old 07-15-2019, 08:30 PM   #113
FizzyWater

Today it's book 21 for free:

The Happy Hollisters and the Haunted House Mystery: (Volume 21)

And book 30!

The Happy Hollisters and the Mystery of the Golden Witch: (Volume 30)

Last edited by FizzyWater; 07-15-2019 at 08:31 PM. Reason: found another one!
Old 07-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #114
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!! Got 'em.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #115
FizzyWater

Today it's book 19:

The Happy Hollisters and the Mystery at Missile Town (Volume 19)

Not sure if this is from yesterday (it's 3:33AM right now) or today. So check as soon as you can if you're interested.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 08-16-2019 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Woops, thought I was using this to respond and create a NEW post.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:14 PM   #116
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have an eReaderIQ author watch on Shirley Rousseau Murphy because I like the early titles in her Joe Grey mystery series. I had no idea she had previously written some young adult fantasy/science fiction, including the Dragonbards series. Now an omnibus of the three titles in the series has dropped to $0.99/£0.99 in the US/UK respectively.

Titles in the omnibus are:
  1. Nightpool
  2. The Ivory Lyre
  3. The Dragonbards
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Dragonbards-T...dp/B01GAWGLYK/
Kobo US (coupon/VIPable): https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...-in-one-volume
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GAWGLYK

Spoiler:
Quote:
Before Shirley Rousseau Murphy became known as the author of the popular Joe Grey cat mystery series, she wrote highly-acclaimed Young Adult fantasy novels. Of the first book of her Dragonbards trilogy ALA Booklist said, "Murphy's dragon lore exhibits an exciting immediacy; her scenes of dragons in flight exalt the reader.” And of the second book Publisher's Weekly wrote, "This well-crafted fantasy has a depth and scope reminiscent of Tolkien." Fans of the trilogy will be delighted to discover that it's now available in a single volume.

Book 1: Nightpool. As dark raiders invade the world of Tirror, a singing dragon awakens from her long slumber, searching for the human who can vanquish the forces of evil--Tebriel, son of the murdered king. Teb has found refuge in Nightpool, a colony of speaking otters. But a creature of the Dark is also seeking him, and the battle to which he is drawn will decide Tirror’s future.

Book 2: The Ivory Lyre. The bard Tebriel and his singing dragon Seastrider together can weave powerful spells. With other dragons searching for their own bards, they have been inciting revolts throughout the enslaved land of Tirror. Only if they can contact underground resistance fighters and find the talisman hidden in Dacia will they have a chance to defeat the power of the Dark.

Book 3: The Dragonbards. Only the dragonbards and their singing dragons have the power to unite the people and animals of Tirror into an army that can break the Dark's hypnotic hold over the world. Before their leader Tebriel can challenge the hordes gathering for the final battle, he must confront the dark lord Quazelzeg face to face in the Castle of Doors, a warp of time and space.

In a review of the trilogy's final volume ALA Booklist said, ""Once again Murphy demonstrates a fine sense of storytelling, high adventure, scene setting, and characterization--human, animal, and evil monster. And her dragons remain some of the most appealing in contemporary fantasy."
Old 08-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #117
FizzyWater

Quote:
Today it's book 19:

Not sure if this is from yesterday (it's 3:33AM right now) or today. So check as soon as you can if you're interested.
I ended up revising my post, rather than replying to it as intended. This is still showing free today.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #118
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks - it is, right now!
Old 08-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #119
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Dragon Slippers is the first of a (so-far) trilogy by Jessica Day George, who is perhaps better known for her Castle Glower (Tuesdays at the Castle, etc.) and Twelve Dancing Princesses series. I've read several of the Castle Glower series, and also Dragon Slippers and liked them all.

Slippers has dropped to $0.99 as part of the US Kindle Daily Deal for today (Sunday), which is includes 80+ science fiction books. I'm not quite sure I'd consider this science fiction and it's definitely YA, so I'm posting it here.

George's titles tend to be mediumly pricey when not on sale, so if you're interested, grab it...

link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NNUZ7S/

Spoiler:
Quote:
This enchanting tale of dragons, betrayals, and the power of friendship is the first in a charming and thrilling series by New York Times bestselling author Jessica Day George.

Creel can't believe her aunt wants to sacrifice her to the local dragon. It's a ploy to lure a heroic knight so that he will fight the dragon, marry Creel out of chivalrous obligation, and lift the entire family out of poverty. Creel isn't worried. After all, nobody has seen a dragon in centuries.

But when the beast actually appears, Creel not only bargains with him for her life, she also ends up with a rare bit of treasure from his hoard: a pair of simple blue slippers, or so she thinks. But Creel learns that these shoes could be used to save her kingdom from the brink of war--or destroy it.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #120
FizzyWater

Quote:
Today it's book 19:

This is still free, as well as book 18:

The Happy Hollisters and the Mystery of the Little Mermaid: (Volume 18)