Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 04:07 AM   #1
VasiAl
VasiAl began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3 ( 626 )
PocketBook Touch Lux 3 ( 626 ) not saving any changes

Hej,

A week ago my PocketBook started loading on a specific book/page every time I boot it. Whenever I try to wipe it or do a factory reset, part of the process it to reboot, so it just ends up loading that specific page. Whatever new changes I make, like adding or deleting files, they are not saved, somehow it just restores to that specific state. There has been no SD card and no back-ups made

The firmware is from 2015, I downloaded the latest one to try and update it but
- if it's on the device, as mentioned above, when unplugged from the computer it "reboots" and the update file is gone
- if it's on an SD card it gets to about 25% of the update and boots the pocketbook, again it just loads to the specific page and that's it

I tried deleting various cache files and what not, but it's always the same. I tried looking for some way to do a hard reset but I haven't had any luck so far either. Do you have any suggestions?

I'm tempted to just wipe everything from it, but I'm afraid I will just end up with a rather ugly glass coaster

I got it as a "second hand" present and my friend hasn't used it for atleast a year, it was OK for the first month and now this, so I don't expect to receive any help from the suppliers either
VasiAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:48 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I had the same problem on my 626 a couple of weeks ago. Tried everything, but nothing worked. Looks like the internal storage has become read-only. I did some googling, and found that this is most likely a hardware issue, requiring replacement of the internal storage. That is possible, but requires a certain expertise. Having this done by a service center would cost a lot more than the reader is worth.

I looked upon this as 'end of life' and took the opportunity to buy a brand new HD3.
Zetmolm is online now   Reply With Quote