Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #3136
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Although to be fair, if you preprocess the PDF with K2pdfopt then any PDF viewer will give you the same result. But the integration is pretty clever.
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:50 PM   #3137
serdar0020
Connoisseur
serdar0020 began at the beginning.

Device: the old 6" kobo aura of 2013 with 64GB microSD
What I do with the pdf's that my kobo has trouble opening (either too dark background or the MRC compression), is: extract all pages as jpg's, or use the raw images from archive.org, crop them and clean them up with ScanTailor and then reassemble and OCR them with Acrobat Adobe Pro DC, which gives a file size of about 20 MB for a 300 pp. book. Then I read the pdf in landscape mode, no reflow.

Last edited by serdar0020; 11-04-2019 at 11:56 PM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2019, 06:46 AM   #3138
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Yup, ScanTailor's excellent. Incidentally I wrote a little script to assist myself with that kind of workflow: https://github.com/Frenzie/readablepdf
Old 11-05-2019, 10:11 PM   #3139
serdar0020
Connoisseur
serdar0020 began at the beginning.

Device: the old 6" kobo aura of 2013 with 64GB microSD
Frenzie, since I've a lot of huge pdf's, another question that's not related to this tread: is there a better, more powerful ebook reader available that has the same hardware qualities as the old kobo aura (6", no bezel, ext. 64 GB microSD, adaptable to Koreader)?
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:06 AM   #3140
Frenzie
Guru

Most recent models are broken by design (i.e., no microSD slot) so I don't really know otoh. Maybe the Cervantes models still have it?
Advert