Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #33331
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Where I live in Canada our Doctor's office doubles as a drop-in clinic that is open for most of the day (if you make an appointment you are seen at that time, otherwise you are seen by the next available doctor).

When my daughter had a bad cough that lasted over a week she dropped in, and as it was causing sore ribs and lack of sleep but wasn't bacterial she was prescribed a heavy-duty cough syrup and told what symptoms would indicate a need to come back.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:16 AM   #33332
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I had a better night's sleep, so I'm feeling slightly better. I did wake up coughing, but the tea worked. Since waking up I haven't had any hysterical coughing fits, so that's great, too.

My doctor's office has six doctors and one doctor in training, also a couple of other medical offices (physio therapy, speech therapy, phychologists, and more). If you need to see a doctor quickly you might not get an appointment with your own doctor. If you really want your to see your own doctor it might take a couple of days. For drawing blood you will have to go to the lab, but they do small emergency things, like a simple suture. My mother has high blood pressure and every year she has to get a battery of tests, in the past she would have had to go to the hospital, now she can go to the doctor's office.

If I had called I think I would have been able to get an appointment that day, if not the assistant would have been able to give me good information over the phone. But luckily it wasn't necessary.

I watch the BBC news regularly and I'm glad that we have the healthcare we have and not the one in the UK (especially Northern Ireland, which to me sounds like a third world country when it comes to health care).
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:17 AM   #33333
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I watch the BBC news regularly and I'm glad that we have the healthcare we have and not the one in the UK (especially Northern Ireland, which to me sounds like a third world country when it comes to health care).
Bear in mind that the news only reports the bad things that happen.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #33334
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I had a better night's sleep, so I'm feeling slightly better. I did wake up coughing, but the tea worked. Since waking up I haven't had any hysterical coughing fits, so that's great, too.

My doctor's office has six doctors and one doctor in training, also a couple of other medical offices (physio therapy, speech therapy, phychologists, and more). If you need to see a doctor quickly you might not get an appointment with your own doctor. If you really want your to see your own doctor it might take a couple of days. For drawing blood you will have to go to the lab, but they do small emergency things, like a simple suture. My mother has high blood pressure and every year she has to get a battery of tests, in the past she would have had to go to the hospital, now she can go to the doctor's office.

If I had called I think I would have been able to get an appointment that day, if not the assistant would have been able to give me good information over the phone. But luckily it wasn't necessary.

It's good that you would be able to get into the doctor quickly if you really need to. I hope you will continue to get better!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:12 AM   #33335
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
I’m tired off companies that make products to las only a few years, just enough for the warranty to end and then charge you a premium for any spare part.

A few months back it was the water tanker, fortunately it stil was in warranty but when I asked the technician if it was common problem he said that it was and the cost of the part was 120 €, the heater sells for 150 €!!

Now it was the hood, the light stopped working, I asked for the price of the parts and they are 98 €, the hood cost 220 €, let’s just say that I will not be replacing the lights at that cost.

It’s so wasteful to replace something that could be fixed but at the same time the cost is almost the same and a new one comes with warranty and you never know if after being fixed it will not have other issues.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:28 AM   #33336
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Last night I bit on something and searing pain went threw my tooth. I called off work to try to see a dentist. It probably could have waited and should have made an appt for my next day off. The pain was gone by morning completely. I think I either broke a filling or cracked the tooth. I am still going to get the ball rolling. Hoping I do not need a crown
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:31 AM   #33337
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Last night I bit on something and searing pain went threw my tooth. I called off work to try to see a dentist. It probably could have waited and should have made an appt for my next day off. The pain was gone by morning completely. I think I either broke a filling or cracked the tooth. I am still going to get the ball rolling. Hoping I do not need a crown
Ouch. Hopefully you will just need a filling - much easier and much cheaper than a crown.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #33338
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
I’m tired off companies that make products to las only a few years, just enough for the warranty to end and then charge you a premium for any spare part.

A few months back it was the water tanker, fortunately it stil was in warranty but when I asked the technician if it was common problem he said that it was and the cost of the part was 120 €, the heater sells for 150 €!!

Now it was the hood, the light stopped working, I asked for the price of the parts and they are 98 €, the hood cost 220 €, let’s just say that I will not be replacing the lights at that cost.

It’s so wasteful to replace something that could be fixed but at the same time the cost is almost the same and a new one comes with warranty and you never know if after being fixed it will not have other issues.
That's why instead of buying new cars, I lease them; for the duration of the warranty. Lease runs out, I take it back and get another one, with a new warranty.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #33339
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
That's why instead of buying new cars, I lease them; for the duration of the warranty. Lease runs out, I take it back and get another one, with a new warranty.
Yes. That's what I do too. Have done for the last decade+ and never paid a large repair bill in that time.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:52 AM   #33340
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
My mother passed away a few days ago...
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:37 AM   #33341
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to post here?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:14 AM   #33342
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
So sorry to hear that trichobezoar.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #33343
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
I'm so sorry trichobezoar.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #33344
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Out of the blue I just received an email from a project manager in my company stating that <Project WXYZ> is due on February 14th for internal review.

I have never spoken to this person before (although I have worked with several people from their office), have NO idea what the project is, and, given the due date, should have started on at least a month ago. Therefore, my assumption is that he has sent this to the wrong person.

Nope. I'm the one who is scheduled to work on this project and another engineer will be contacting me shortly with their portion of the preliminary design that has been started. They just didn't contact me since their portion wasn't complete enough for me to start.

You've been working on this for how long (4+ months) and not even bothered informing me about this so I could reserve some time for your project?

Um. That might be a problem.

No, Mr. PM, your project will NOT be complete by February 14th. I don't have time to even look at it by February 14th, let alone get it complete enough for a review. I might be able to find someone in another office who can help. Maybe. We're all pretty busy right now and I know a lot of people are out of the office (on other, well-planned projects) for the next two weeks.

ARGH!
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:45 PM   #33345
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
So sorry to hear that, trichobezoar.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness