Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 12-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #16
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Anyone using Unlimited (Throttled) Scribd?

Ugh. My husband started listening to another audiobook and the download of the one I was listening to was deleted from my phone and shows as unavailable until the next month’s billing date. After searching and fiddling it allowed me to keep listening for a bit longer (80 minutes it appears) as a “preview”. But that’s not long enough for me to finish the book since I’ve listened to 3 hours of the 18 hour audiobook.

I understand that they don’t want people listening to a lot of books, but removing a downloaded one instead of just blocking access to additional audiobooks is infuriating and makes little sense. My available ‘saved’ list has still has 5 audiobooks.

I just checked my phone data usage for the month and it appears that the app must be streaming using cellular data quite a bit instead of using the audiobook file downloaded to my phone. I found a way in settings to turn off cellular at least, but there was no reason for it to ever use it in the first place.

Two more strikes. I definitely will not be renewing the subscription.

Last edited by Synamon; 12-16-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Just a reminder, but Downpour has audiobooks for rent and is currently running a sale for up to 75% off the rental rates. During the sale, many books are priced at $1.74 each.

Granted, their catalog is small (~18,000 titles) but if you find something you want to read and don't care if you own it, then you can save quite a bit.

See this post for further details about the program.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote