Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
pipizich
pipizich began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
How to extract default screensaver from kindle

Hey guys,
I want to extract this screensaver from my kindle paperwhite 4 but all I can do now is using screenshot function, it looks good but the annoying texts somehow was included, anyone knows the better method to extract these default screensaver?
thanks for reading and sorry for my bad English

pipizich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
That looks more like it is a "special offer" screensaver (= an advert) than like it is one of the actual "default screensavers"/"stock screensavers" that Kindle would cycle true if you remove "special offers" or buy a Kindle that is already without SO.
If that is the case then there is very high probability that all that text is part of the image itself (that only "Swipe to unlock Kindle" is an overlayed on top of the image) ... so there is no much point in locating the image file on Kindle itself (I you motivation and your desire is to have a clean version of that picture, without that text)... especially it it turns out that the file is located on parts of the Kindle storage that you as a user can't access unless you jailbreak your Kindle.

Anyways, those photos used to be stored on user-accessible part of Kindle memory but I think for some time now they are relocated to something like "/var/local/adunits" which can't be accessed without jailbreak and SSH connection.

I can't help you with that, even though my Kindle is jailbroken I have PW3 that is not "special offers" unit so it doesn't download those "adunits" screensavers. I just did a quick check and it looks like here is nothing related to "special offers" at "/var/local" on my device.

Last edited by shamanNS; 02-24-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: typos
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I don't know if it is what you want but I removed the text from your picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52788349_2384500881584182_76729753951797248_n.jpg
Views:	1335
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	169882  
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
pipizich
pipizich began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
I don't know if it is what you want but I removed the text from your picture
omg thank you and shamanNS very much, there is always an easy way to solve a problem
pipizich is offline   Reply With Quote