Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #61
DezReads
DezReads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (Version 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Could you please run the this test so that we see what is happening?
My device always boots into ksm.

For this one, I was able to select 'update uncontrolled'!
I have executed the script, the log is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt usb_enable_test_log_20181211_184718.txt (2.6 KB, 223 views)
DezReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #62
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezReads View Post
My device always boots into ksm.

For this one, I was able to select 'update uncontrolled'!
I have executed the script, the log is attached.
Thank you! Please install the KoboRoot.tgz from the uploaded archive (it does not matter whether controlled or uncontrolled). This should fix usb. It is not concerned with touch.
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_ids.zip (4.8 KB, 311 views)
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #63
DezReads
DezReads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (Version 2)
Quote:
Thank you! Please install the KoboRoot.tgz from the uploaded archive (it does not matter whether controlled or uncontrolled). This should fix usb. It is not concerned with touch.
Works! Everything is fixed now, usbnet too! Thank you!
I will upload a log and let you know if I run into anything else
DezReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #64
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezReads View Post
Works! Everything is fixed now, usbnet too! Thank you!
I will upload a log and let you know if I run into anything else
I am glad it works. And yes, please tell me, when you find something not working. I will need such information when I prepare the next version of KSM. I do not know when this will be. Currently, there seems to be no set of touch drivers available that works with all models.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #65
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
@tshering: I would appreciate if you could remove the framebuffer rotation logic in KSM's launch script for Plato: it's no longer necessary. Plato now sets its startup rotation and restores the initial rotation when quitting.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #66
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
@tshering: I would appreciate if you could remove the framebuffer rotation logic in KSM's launch script for Plato: it's no longer necessary. Plato now sets its startup rotation and restores the initial rotation when quitting.
Is there any disadvantage when the rotation logic remains in the script? Removing it would break things for older versions of plato.

Anyway I have just uploaded the modified script.

Last edited by tshering; 12-14-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #67
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Is there any disadvantage when the rotation logic remains in the script?
Not really, but it would contribute to a small amount of battery drain.

Quote:
Removing it would break things for older versions of plato.
That's true, but I'm not sure why would anyone want to use an old version.

Quote:
Anyway I have just uploaded the modified script.
Thanks.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #68
Hakujou
Hakujou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hello,

I have a quick question, since I'm confused by what I'm reading in this thread.
I plan to buy an H2O2 (which is likely to be v2, I guess).

Is KSM now working on H2O2v2 (with KSM9 update 2) or is it broken ?

Thanks
Hakujou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #69
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakujou View Post
Hello,

I have a quick question, since I'm confused by what I'm reading in this thread.
I plan to buy an H2O2 (which is likely to be v2, I guess).

Is KSM now working on H2O2v2 (with KSM9 update 2) or is it broken ?

Thanks
I see exactly the same information as you see in this thread. Maybe KSM is working, maybe it is not. You have to find out yourself, or some H2O2v2 owner will give you a definitive answer.
If your concern is to use alternative reading applications, have a look at One-Click Install Packages for KOReader & Plato.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #70
Hakujou

The idea was to have some feedback from H2O2v2 owners, yes.

I mean, I saw a successful test above with the tester, but does that mean we can install the touch driver on KSM itself or do we need to wait until it is updated ?

As I never had any device with KSM, I'm quite confused by how it works.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:51 PM   #71
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
KSM works after you installed it (with patches, if there's any). After that, you just use it.

But, why do you want H2O2? I see you have H2O, I bought KA1 as it has bigger screen. And, also, if your device currently works just fine, I don't see real reason for buying new one.

Also, if it works, you can test KSM, with H2O you won't have any problems.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:49 PM   #72
Hakujou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
KSM works after you installed it (with patches, if there's any). After that, you just use it.

But, why do you want H2O2? I see you have H2O, I bought KA1 as it has bigger screen. And, also, if your device currently works just fine, I don't see real reason for buying new one.

Also, if it works, you can test KSM, with H2O you won't have any problems.
I do not have H2O, I just set it on my profile since one is on its way.
But I think I'll return it if it doesn't support KSM.

So, just to be clear, KSM will be working even with H2O2v2, despite the warning in the first post of KSM9 thread ? Because touch is supposed to be broken with those.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2019, 09:45 PM   #73
ameinias
a person
ameinias began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O E1
If this helps:

### executed:/mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper/print_info.sh
PLATFORM=mx50-ntx PRODUCT=dahlia INTERFACE= WIFI_MODULE= WIFI=WC121A2
CPU=mx50 PCB=E606G0 RAM=LPDDR2 RAM_SIZE=512MB
MODEL_NUMBER=370 FW=4.12.12111 UNAME=Linux (none) 2.6.35.3-850-gbc67621+ #3032 PREEMPT Mon Jan 9 13:37:40 CST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KoboTS_h2o ksmrotate=2 mrotation=90 kobomenuFontsize=60 overwriteFontSize=true; /mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper/kobomenu_test.sh
ameinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:26 AM   #74
garcimak
garcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo glo/H2O2V2 (T_T)
Hello H2O2 V2 user here, installed KSM09+update01, on top of that update 02 and pbchess, touch input is still mirrored, btw applied update_ids.zip and usb tested ok.

After having read DezReads were solving his issue.
Is there anything to do for recovering normal input ?
garcimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:28 AM   #75
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOBO Libra + H2Ov2 + Aura2
Libra

Hello
Here's my results :

Device : Kobo LIBRA

### executed:/mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper/print_info.sh

PLATFORM=mx6sll-ntx PRODUCT=storm INTERFACE= WIFI_MODULE= WIFI=RTL8189
CPU=mx6sll PCB=E70K00 RAM=LPDDR2 RAM_SIZE=512MB
MODEL_NUMBER=384 FW=4.18.13737 UNAME=Linux (none) 4.1.15-00414-g1584c01 #48 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 22 16:37:36 CST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

The correct Value for touch response is :
libKoboTS_h2o2.so
FB rotation = 1
KSM Rotation = 90

Then the menu is portrait with the correct orientation (device right handled)

Next step ?
gilali is offline   Reply With Quote