Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2021, 09:35 PM   #16
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Is this patch still valid/applicable? (for FW starting with 4.22.15190):

Code:
Never sync dictionaries:
- Enabled: no
- BaseAddress:  {Sym: "SyncDictionariesCommand::prepareDownloadList()"}
- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 922, FindH: 0CD5,     ReplaceH:       0CE0}   #permissions
- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 900, FindH: FFF6CAAE, ReplaceInstNOP: true}   #size
- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 866, FindH: 3FF4DBAE, ReplaceInstNOP: true}   #isSynced
Thanks.

Last edited by Skydog; 02-27-2021 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Code correction
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:25 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Is this patch still valid/applicable? (for FW starting with 4.22.15190):

Code:
Never sync dictionaries:
- Enabled: no
- BaseAddress:  {Sym: "SyncDictionariesCommand::prepareDownloadList()"}
- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 922, FindH: 0CD5,     ReplaceH:       0CE0}   #permissions
- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 900, FindH: FFF6CAAE, ReplaceInstNOP: true}   #size
- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 866, FindH: 3FF4DBAE, ReplaceInstNOP: true}   #isSynced
Thanks.
I doubt it's still valid. It would need to be recreated for the current firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #18
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I doubt it's still valid. It would need to be recreated for the current firmware.
Yeah, it throws out an error. But since the description reads "starting with 4.22.15190" and no "through" firmware version, I was curious to know.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #19
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Is this patch still valid/applicable? (for FW starting with 4.22.15190)
It won't work without being redone, but you shouldn't need it anymore since you can always just copy the dictionary you want to keep to the `custom-dict` folder.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:24 PM   #20
Skydog
Wizard

That's what I was hoping. Thank you for responding, Patrick!
Advert
Old 03-02-2021, 07:13 PM   #21
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Is there some clever way to import the settings from a prior patch version over to the new one without having to update the yaml files manually? I am assuming I can't just copy over the old versions and expect them to work....
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:19 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jeff47: Not without getting your hands slightly dirty.

c.f., my whole autopatch mess in there.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:12 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
Is there some clever way to import the settings from a prior patch version over to the new one without having to update the yaml files manually? I am assuming I can't just copy over the old versions and expect them to work....
My approach is to use the overrides section of kobopatch.yaml. This means I don't have to touch the individual yaml files and just have to overwrite the overrides section of kobopatch.yaml with my saved and updated as needed overrides which live in overrides.txt (no one ever accused me of imaginative file names ).

Spoiler:
Code:
## You can put lines in the following section to override the enabled state of patches.
## The indentation matters! Each override should be indented by 4 spaces. Add to the 
## section below. This section can be copy and pasted into newer patch versions to
## keep your selections.
##
## Example of how it should look:
## overrides:
##   src/nickel.yaml:
##     Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
##     Whatever the yaml is called: no
##   src/libadobe.so.yaml:
##     You get the idea: yes
overrides: 
  src/libadobe.so.yaml: 
    Remove PDF map widget shown during panning: no 

src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: 
    Both page turn buttons go next: no 
    Both page turn sides go next: no 
    Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen: no  
    Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading: yes  
    Allow USB storage even when device locked: no 
    Hide browser from beta features: no 
    Disable all tutorial dialogs: no 
    Remove beta features not supported text: no 
    Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen: no 
    Rename new home screen footer: no
    Remove line from bottom tab bar: no 
    Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Activity: no 
    Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Articles: no 
    Set visible SmartLink: no 
    Only show Pocket SmartLink: no 
    Only show stats SmartLink: no 
    Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks: no 
    Allow showing info panel on random screensaver: yes 
    Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no 
    Allow rotation on all devices: no  
    Don't uppercase header/footer text: no 
    Custom header/footer page number text: no 
    Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text: no  
    Swap reading header/footer: no 
    Enable advanced settings for all fonts: yes 
    Customize ComfortLight settings: no 
    Remove title from reading header/footer: no 
    FeatureSettings - BookSpecificStats: no 
    FeatureSettings - ShowFacebookShare: no 
    FeatureSettings - FullScreenBrowser: no 
    FeatureSettings - MyWords: no 
    FeatureSettings - ExportHighlights: no 
    DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget: no 
    PowerSettings - UnlockEnabled: no 
# PATCH GROUP - DON'T ENABLE MORE THAN 1 
    My 10 line spacing values: no 
    My 24 line spacing values: no  
# END GROUP 
    Custom left & right margins: yes 
    Custom font sizes: yes  
    ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no 
    ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: yes 
    Custom kepub default margins: no 
    Block WiFi firmware upgrade: no 
    Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no  
    Set KePub hyphenation: no 
    Force user line spacing in KePubs: no 
    Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): no 
    Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs): no 
    Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): no  
    ePub constant font sharpness: no  
    KePub constant font sharpness: no  
    Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: no 
    Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: no  
    Un-force link decoration in KePubs: no 
    KePub stylesheet additions: no  
    Ignore .otf fonts: no 
    ePub uniform font scale: yes 
    Set font scale factor: no 
    Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height: no  
    Custom navigation menu page number text: no  
    Shorten dictionary entry not found message: no  
    Change Wikipedia search language: no 
    Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Bulgarian Phonetic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2/Forma/Libra): no 
    Don't grab exclusive access to event0: no 

src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml: 
    Disable orphans/widows avoidance: yes 
    Default ePub serif font (Amasis): no 
    Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans): no 
    Default ePub symbol font (Symbol): no 
    Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no 
    Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no  
    Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): no 
    Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets: no 
    Ignore ePub TOC navpoints: no 
    Default ePub monospace font: no

src/nickel.yaml: 
    Show all games: no 
    Remove forgot pin button from lock screen: no 
    Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart: no  
    Reduce top/bottom page spacer: no  
    Custom synopsis details line spacing: no 
    Custom synopsis font size: no 
    Increase home screen cover size: no  
    Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area: no 
    Increase Book Details synopsis area: no 
    Increase library cover size: no 
    Custom collection/author header title font: no  
    Reduce new header/footer height: no 
    Custom header/footer captions: no 
    Custom page navigation scrubber: no  
    Customise Header back button: no  
    Series list increase cover thumbnails: no  
    Increase headlines font: no  
    New home screen subtitle custom font: no
    Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: no 
    Remove footer (row3) on new home screen: no 

## TRANSLATIONS ##
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:23 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've finally decided to use the overrides. It allows me to mark which patches I do customize. I ust have 5 patches to customize and I can start the possess of installing the new firmware and then the patches.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:45 AM   #25
Mio
Mio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle
I have done all the steps, but after running kobopatch there is no KoboRoot.tgz in Out folder ??? What could be problem ?
Mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:04 AM   #26
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio View Post
What could be problem ?
Add
Code:
pause
at the end of kobopatch.bat and see what's stopping you from creating the patch.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:03 AM   #27
Mio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Add
Code:
pause
at the end of kobopatch.bat and see what's stopping you from creating the patch.
When I exucute kobopach it starts and close ... how to add code ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	viber_image_2021-03-11_12-59-32.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	570.4 KB
ID:	185857  
Old 03-11-2021, 08:13 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio View Post
When I exucute kobopach it starts and close ... how to add code ?
Did you actually enable any of the patches?
Old 03-11-2021, 11:09 AM   #29
Mio

Went on nickel.yaml file inn Src folder and change all no to yes and save it ... after that I run .bat file ... but I do not get nothing in Out folder
Old 03-11-2021, 11:10 AM   #30
Mio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you actually enable any of the patches?
I open file nickel.yaml in notepad , is that ok ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	viber_image_2021-03-11_17-04-40.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	578.5 KB
ID:	185863  

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching