Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Best book by Dean Koontz?

I was wondering what others here at MR think is the best book by Mr. Koontz. I've read several of his works including "Lightning", "Tic Toc" and "Whispers" and enjoyed the ride each time but he's written a good many books over the years.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I cannot say if this is Koontz's best book or not, but it is very good. I really enjoyed reading Watchers. After reading it, I watched the movie and I did not really care much for the movie. So if you've not read the book, do so. I think you'll enjoy it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #3
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I am interested as well. I have really enjoyed the Odd Thomas series (up through 4.5), but haven't read anything else by him.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:32 AM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I enjoyed Dark Rivers of the Heart when it was first released. I feel that it may be dated now though.
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Rivers-He...sin=B000T8F51C
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #5
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Oddkins: A Fable for All Ages
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #6
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I cannot say if this is Koontz's best book or not, but it is very good. I really enjoyed reading Watchers. After reading it, I watched the movie and I did not really care much for the movie. So if you've not read the book, do so. I think you'll enjoy it.
Well it looked so interesting that I bought the book.

I must stop reading Reading Recommendations
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #7
Maillemom
Connoisseur
Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook STG, Nook Color, Kindle, Kobo H2O
Midnight was one of my favorites. Of his early works Phantoms and Darkfall.
Maillemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:40 PM   #8
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Fear Nothing and its sequel Seize the Night.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/49796-moonlight-bay
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:29 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The face of Fear is an interesting read as well. Life imitated art with his book of "Whispers" I understand. After he wrote it and it was out for sale he found a news story about events that mirrored part of his plot. I guess it sent a chill through him when he read about it. (I can't say more without ruining the plot).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:50 AM   #10
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Very difficult question. I've read & loved most of his books. However my favourite has to be "Watchers". Was my 1st Koontz book & has been re read many times.

I also love the Odd Thomas series.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
My favourite is Night Chills. I have read it more than once.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #12
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
"Whispers" was/is one of my favorites by Koontz, and "Watchers" too. I think some of his early stuff was better than that written in the last decade or so. But JMO.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #13
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpenguin View Post
Very difficult question. I've read & loved most of his books. However my favourite has to be "Watchers". Was my 1st Koontz book & has been re read many times.
Like you Watchers was my first Koontz book, a great read. Lightning is ace plus I really enjoyed Cold Fire.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #14
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Have just finished the final Odd Thomas book.
Sad to say goodbye to an old friend.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #15
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
"Watchers" was my first Koontz book, given to me by a very dear friend, who has since departed. I absolutely loved the book, and was eager to read more of his work, but unfortunately, I was very disappointed in the other offerings that I tried. I've read half a dozen or so of his standalones and just wasn't too impressed on the whole.
I have been told multiple times that his "Frankenstein" series is wonderful, so I'll prolly add it on to my TBR list.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote