Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-26-2018, 07:41 AM   #61
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
Today I received Mars version from China (from official store as their "early bird"). Great store support by the way.
Device is named Likebook-T80D and running firmware version BYRead-V1.0.0-2018092015 with no updates available after first device boot.
I very like screen frontlight (quite dark on minimal setttings plus optional color) and the device weigh is very light. First impression is good.
Tomorrow they should release new firmware with Google Play.
Someone has rooted device already?
I haven't tried to root the Mars yet. I'm going to wait for the Play Store and auto-refresh updates before I decide about rooting or not.

Besides, rooting an E-Ink device is often disappointing. Some menus on apps I would use on a rooted device - like Titanium Backup - turn out to be solid white or solid black on an E-Ink display, and so are unusable.

Unless I see a good reason to root, I might not bother. But, others may feel differently.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:43 AM   #62
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Today I received Mars version from China (from official store as their "early bird"). Great store support by the way.
Device is named Likebook-T80D and running firmware version BYRead-V1.0.0-2018092015 with no updates available after first device boot.
I very like screen frontlight (quite dark on minimal setttings plus optional color) and the device weigh is very light. First impression is good.
Tomorrow they should release new firmware with Google Play.
Someone has rooted device already?
What makes you say that we are getting the Play Store update today? Source? Many of us are anxiously awaiting it!
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:04 PM   #63
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
What makes you say that we are getting the Play Store update today? Source? Many of us are anxiously awaiting it!
There was a note in Chinese changelog about it.
On my version of Mars I have Google Play preinstalled (It was hiding in apps).

Seems working fine.
In my device CPU speed is 1.42 GHz.

Last edited by DarkCookie; 09-26-2018 at 02:03 PM.
DarkCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #64
romevi
Enthusiast
romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
There was a note in Chinese changelog about it.
On my version of Mars I have Google Play preinstalled (It was hiding in apps).

Seems working fine.
In my device CPU speed is 1.42 GHz.
UGH.
I decided last-minute this morning to leave my Mars at home before leaving for work, and Wednesdays I don't get home until 10pm...
romevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #65
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romevi View Post
UGH.
I decided last-minute this morning to leave my Mars at home before leaving for work, and Wednesdays I don't get home until 10pm...
Take your time.... no update yet.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #66
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't want to spoil waiting, but it could be like with onyx, when Chinese firmware is released first and then later international.
And when I wrote about hiding I mean it. It is under Apps in settings. To make it visible on Home screen it is necessary to create the google account in settings.

Edit: Google Chrome working too (with sync).

Last edited by DarkCookie; 09-26-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:43 PM   #67
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
I got a Likebook Mars the other day. It came from the Amazon seller that was allegedly in Nevada, though the product shipped from China by DHL. It included a case with the device. Although it was reported to have a 1.5Ghz Octacore CPU, Android Assistant is reporting that the CPU is "1.2 Ghz 8 Core". The model is Boyue Likebook-T80D. The current version is BYRead-V1.0.1.-2018091215.

I installed the Goodereader App Store, the Amazon Appstore, and 1Mobile Market. I used the former to install Kobo Books, Amazon Kindle, Opera Mini, UC Mini, Firefox Rocket, Edge, Next Browser, Ghostery and Spotify Lite, which all seem to be working fine, though I haven't tested all the browsers thoroughly. The apps I installed with the Amazon Appstore were sometimes complaining that I needed to have the Amazon Appstore installed and be signed into it. I could get an app to run by going to the Amazon Appstore and running it from there, but this was a nuisance, and I uninstalled the apps I had installed with it. Using 1Mobile Market, I installed the Via browser, Android Assistant, and Manga Reader, which are all working well. I have mainly been using the Via browser for web browsing.

The apps I have had a problem with are Hacker's Keyboard and the Nook app. After installing Hacker's Keyboard and setting it as default, I got no keyboard at all. So I switched back to the default English keyboard. The Nook app would report that it couldn't play some video, then do nothing. I tried installing some earlier versions, which got me as far as seeing my Nook library, but when I tried to read a book, it would report that NOOK had stopped working.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #68
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
I don't want to spoil waiting, but it could be like with onyx, when Chinese firmware is released first and then later international.
And when I wrote about hiding I mean it. It is under Apps in settings. To make it visible on Home screen it is necessary to create the google account in settings.

Edit: Google Chrome working too (with sync).
Whenever I go to add an account, I click add account but it doesn't do anything. Did you install something in addition to adding an account?
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #69
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
Whenever I go to add an account, I click add account but it doesn't do anything. Did you install something in addition to adding an account?
DarkCookie has Chinese firmware. Ours is probably an "international" version. Ours does not have Play Store or the ability to sign in to Google. That is supposed to come with the next update. I had the impression that the auto-refresh fix would be on the following update. Of course, if they wait a little longer, they can do the two at once!
Old 09-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #70
Morioh
Morioh began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino shine
What about the battery life? Is it as terrible as i have heard?
Morioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #71
DarkCookie
Developer

You can try rooting device and update google play services manually.
Make sure all options are enabled regarding google's stuff like permission to do all they want, allow them modifying system settings, enable framework etc.
I don't tried rooting yet. Battery is not that bad as they say.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:52 PM   #72
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
Likebook Mars How to install Google play:

https://youtu.be/uIkQPkNmgSA
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:24 PM   #73
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
I know this question is a little naive but... Does the Likebook Mars support 5Ghz wifi?
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #74
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I went to try out what the video above showed, my Likebook Mars would not turn on. I plugged it into my computer, but it still would not turn on, and the computer did not recognize it as a connected device. I have now plugged it in to charge up overnight in case that helps, but it does not turn on a light or show any other indication that it is charging. As a test, I plugged my MP3 player into the same cord from my computer that I used to plug my Likebook Mars into, and it recognized it right away. So, I didn't have a loose cord. I will report back tomorrow on whether I've been able to turn it on again.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:22 PM   #75
fduniho
Addict

Update: It is 11:15 at night. After having it plugged in for a while, I got it to turn on again. I am writing this from my Likebook Mars, and I am surprised to that a site on mobile reading is not mobile-friendly.My battery was at 17% when I turned it on, though I remember it being closer to 30% when I was last using it. Maybe it had gotten lower than that before I turned it off.