Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 09:44 AM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Where?

Here:
Amazon PR
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Here:
Amazon PR
Which press release specifically? I don't see any that might refer to an event being held tomorrow.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #48
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Which press release specifically? I don't see any that might refer to an event being held tomorrow.
Well, it isn't tomorrow yet.
I did not intend to mean you could see a preview copy of tomorrow's release.
Only that is where you can find it once the release is made tomorrow.
(If it was there now, it would be today's release, wouldn't it? )

If you have an "Amazon-PR-Leak" address ...

Last edited by knc1; 10-09-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, it isn't tomorrow yet.
I did not intend to mean you could see a preview copy of tomorrow's release.
Only that is where you can find it once the release is made tomorrow.
(If it was there now, it would be today's release, wouldn't it? )
Sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought you were answering the question about how we know that there's going to be an event tomorrow .
Old 10-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #50
greentea
greentea began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Wouldn't that run counter to the entire design philosophy of the Oasis? The whole point of it is that it will waft away on a slight breeze precisely because the weight of (most of) the battery has been transferred from the device into the cover.
Don't care about thickness, I just like the form factor - physical buttons on the side...
greentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2017, 11:04 AM   #51
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Perhaps they could bump up the basic Kindle resolution, Paperwhite with flush screen, drop price of Oasis and bump up storage on PW & Oasis to 8GB. I’ll be surprised if something altogether new is announced, or if I wind up buying one. But I like surprises.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #52
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought you were answering the question about how we know that there's going to be an event tomorrow .
I have been following this thread and do not recall seeing a link to where the press event will be reported.
So I looked one up.

Not being in the USA, you might ask: Why tomorrow?
That one is easy, today is a holiday, first day of business this week is tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #53
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Yes, I'm curious, too. I'm guessing the OP has a "friend" in the media, someone who got one of the invites?
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #54
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
No leaks, total blackout in the media. Interesting.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #55
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
This is my bookmarked link for Amazon UK Press Releases. I'll be refreshing this from 2pm onwards tomorrow

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....irol-mediahome
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Coplate, could you enlighten us as to how you know there's going to be some sort of launch tomorrow?
Old 10-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #57
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Isn't that what the voyage 1 is, except for the memory. But on board storage is so 2010. It's all about the cloud now
Some of us don't have enough youth to blithely store our books on the cloud.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #58
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And for that matter, that Kindles are going to be involved in the alleged press event
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #59
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Coplate, could you enlighten us as to how you know there's going to be some sort of launch tomorrow?
I don't know there is going to be an event tomorrow - so I probably should have titled it: " Amazon is Rumored to have an event on Tuesday"

It was just a rumor I read on a couple sites that amazon had scheduled a press meeting.

The purpose of the thread is just to get everyones dream kindle, a place where we can reach for the moon and talk about what we'd love to have.

Dont overthink it!
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks - I was just curious to know . Hopefully the rumours are right and we'll have some nice surprises tomorrow .