Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Wish List on Amazon - Price going up

A curiosity: I tagged a book when it had a low price, with the vague intention of remembering to buy it, sooner or later.
After a couple of days the price went up, and then after a couple of days it went up again.
I notice that when the price goes down, there is notice in the list, which does not appear when the reverse is true, i.e. when the price goes up.
I noticed it because I chanced to look at it.
Is that the right behaviour (naughty Amazon !) or is there some setting I missed ?
And speaking of that, is there some mechanism by which I can be informed if a price goes down, (e.g. an email) besides looking at the list again ?
Thanks in advance.

Bruno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I use ereaderiq.com to notify of drops in price of specific books and also price drops of anything by an author.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2015, 01:13 AM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I use ereaderiq.com to notify of drops in price of specific books and also price drops of anything by an author.
I did not know about this service. Thank you !
Old 09-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #4
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Is that the right behaviour (naughty Amazon !) or is there some setting I missed ?
I have multiple items on my wishlist and in my cart. It notifies me when the price increases or decreases, but only upon first access of the change. Is it possible someone else utilized the account? Or perhaps you missed the notification when looking at something else?
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #5
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I also use ereaderiq.com. Have so for years. I use the chrome add on and so I can add a book to the watchlist right from the amazon page. Give the amount I want to get notified, you can also easy see what the lowest price of the book was at any time and how often it lowered. This helps when a book goes on sale all the time so you just wait by setting a watch list for price for that amount. I have 100's of books on my watchlist and I funnel the emails into a filter in my email account.

The other thing you can do with ereaderiq is put a book on watch list that doesn't have a kindle version yet. I do this a lot too and its nice to see over the years lots of books finally being released in ebook. You get an email when there is a expected kindle version in those cases.

I have books in wishlists on amazon also, but I have never been notified of any lowering prices there. Not automatic, I have to go in and look.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #6
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I also use ereaderiq.com. Have so for years. I use the chrome add on and so I can add a book to the watchlist right from the amazon page. Give the amount I want to get notified, you can also easy see what the lowest price of the book was at any time and how often it lowered. This helps when a book goes on sale all the time so you just wait by setting a watch list for price for that amount. I have 100's of books on my watchlist and I funnel the emails into a filter in my email account.

The other thing you can do with ereaderiq is put a book on watch list that doesn't have a kindle version yet. I do this a lot too and its nice to see over the years lots of books finally being released in ebook. You get an email when there is a expected kindle version in those cases.

I have books in wishlists on amazon also, but I have never been notified of any lowering prices there. Not automatic, I have to go in and look.
Good, need to look into it better. Thanks !
Old 09-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #7
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
I have multiple items on my wishlist and in my cart. It notifies me when the price increases or decreases, but only upon first access of the change. Is it possible someone else utilized the account? Or perhaps you missed the notification when looking at something else?
I do not think anybody else uses my account, the advice close to each book, is there only if the price has gone down, something like "Price dropped 8% (was $4.99 when added to Wish List) " It never says "Price raised ...."
This is what I meant. Thanks anyway
Old 09-09-2015, 01:43 AM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think: basket notifies if price goes up or down, wishlist only advises if price is lower than wen added to wishlist.

Kindle books go UP and sometimes down a LOT,and by huge % shifts so patience+ a 3rd party monitoring tool like ereaderiq will save you money.

prime users also get one free to borrow per month from Kindle lending library, and one free to keep per month from the kindle first selections

they have other promotions which offer misc. books at 99p if you watch the daily deals sections

PS for the ethically challenged, there is also buy any Kindle book and return it within 7 days for a full no quibble refund, but I am NOT recommending that !

Last edited by cybmole; 09-09-2015 at 01:45 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:47 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post

PS for the ethically challenged, there is also buy any Kindle book and return it within 7 days for a full no quibble refund, but I am NOT recommending that !
... and you'll get away with this for only so long before Amazon catches on and locks you out of your account.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #10
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I think: basket notifies if price goes up or down, wishlist only advises if price is lower than wen added to wishlist.

Kindle books go UP and sometimes down a LOT,and by huge % shifts so patience+ a 3rd party monitoring tool like ereaderiq will save you money.

prime users also get one free to borrow per month from Kindle lending library, and one free to keep per month from the kindle first selections

they have other promotions which offer misc. books at 99p if you watch the daily deals sections

If I put my books in the basket, will it not be a problem then, when I want to buy only one ?
Old 09-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
If I put my books in the basket, will it not be a problem then, when I want to buy only one ?
No. For the ones you just want to keep in your basket and not purchase, there's a button "save for later." The price swings for the saved items will be displayed every time you look at your cart or add something to it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
price increase, wishlist