Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 02:50 AM   #1
Hananu001
Hananu001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Bulk edit of author field

Hi all,

I've got a couple of ebooks where authors and authors_sort are different (FN/LN vs. LN/FN).
I can adjust the field values via standard buttons in single edit mode, but I could'nt find a way to exchange the authors value with the authors_sort value on a bulk. Unfortunately the 'Administrate Authors' dialog does not show the real values (Authors and Authors_sort have the same values although the book entries are different).
Additionally Calibre does not execute the function 'change all authors_Sort values' behind the dialog button at the bottom of the dialog.

So my question is: How authors_Sort values can be copied into authors field?
Thanks in advance for your support!

Regards,
R.

Last edited by Hananu001; 05-31-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Hananu001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hananu001 View Post
Hi all,

I've got a couple of ebooks where authors and authors_sort are different (FN/LN vs. LN/FN).
I can adjust the field values via standard buttons in single edit mode, but I could'nt find a way to exchange the authors value with the authors_sort value on a bulk. Unfortunately the 'Administrate Authors' dialog does not show the real values (Authors and Authors_sort have the same values although the book entries are different).
Additionally Calibre does not execute the function 'change all authors_Sort values' behind the dialog button at the bottom of the dialog.

So my question is: How authors_Sort values can be copied into authors field?
Thanks in advance for your support!

Regards,
R.
IMHO Forget that method.

Use the Quality Check Plugin: Fix: Section

1)To Flip Author names. Caution:select only those titles you want to flip. (Sort will follow your standard preference settings)
2) Format Author initials (consistently). (Configurable)
3) ASCIIize author names (those with accented characters)

Last edited by theducks; 06-01-2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: clarity
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2014, 01:58 AM   #3
Hananu001
Hananu001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi theducks,

thanks very much for your help - that's what I've searched for :-)
Hananu001 is offline   Reply With Quote