Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Talking Updates for Shipping on Amazon.com Page

My "not shipped yet" has subtly changed to:

not yet shipped shipping soon shipped

with a box over "not yet shipped" ...

Let the races begin !!!!
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Great!

Mine is still "Not yet shipped", estimated delivery Nov 28 - Dec 5.

What's your expected delivery date?

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
my expected delivery date is 11/16 and not yet shipped still hasn't changed nor has my card been charged. Chewing fingernails, hoping it will happen soon.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Paid a lot of money (without Prime) to get 3 shipped & delivered 1 day = November 16th. But it's worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Great!

Mine is still "Not yet shipped", estimated delivery Nov 28 - Dec 5.

What's your expected delivery date?

Best regards,
Andy
Old 11-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by friktion View Post
Paid a lot of money (without Prime) to get 3 shipped & delivered 1 day = November 16th. But it's worth it
I paid to have mine shipped in one day too, and also without Prime. I later got Prime and kept thinking they would lower the shipping cost of my KFire accordingly, but they haven't yet, and I didn't want to screw up my Nov 16 delivery so I haven't messed with it. I figure if they don't lower the shipping cost I will call CS AFTER I receive my KFire.
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I paid to have mine shipped in one day too, and also without Prime. I later got Prime and kept thinking they would lower the shipping cost of my KFire accordingly, but they haven't yet, and I didn't want to screw up my Nov 16 delivery so I haven't messed with it. I figure if they don't lower the shipping cost I will call CS AFTER I receive my KFire.
A wise move. It's much easier to fix a billing issue after-the-fact than to risk getting kicked out of the queue.

Although I still have "Not Yet Shipped" on my KF order, I know from experience that the order page seems to lag a bit. I still have a feeling that people will begin seeing "Pending" very soon.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Just chat with them online, they'll do it right then, for you.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Just chat with them online, they'll do it right then, for you.
Their CS is really great. However I ordered something a month or so ago and opted for two day delivery. Two days later the item still had not shipped and I called CS to complain. I was told that if they made any changes at that time to the shipping it would probably have an adverse effect on the delivery date due to where it was in the queue process, but they made a note to refund the ENTIRE shipping fee once the item shipped. They did refund my entire shipping fee a few days later. But since I've been at the top of the queue for 6 weeks or so (I ordered my KFire the day they were introduced) I hesitate to risk screwing that up. I think calling them after it ships is a safer way to handle it.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Fair enough. I changed mine from 2 day to 1-day shipping manually. Hopefully that didn't screw me up. It still shows the 16th, though, so I'm thinking(hoping!) not.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Interesting - I ordered within a minute of the button coming live and picked one day shipping yet I am behind some people. I am old enough that it doesn't bother me too much except to make a post.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
I have "Shipping Soon" on my order as well. Almost time to "flame on."
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Shipping Soon here as well!!!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #13
friktion
Zealot

Yup, Shipping Soon here too! And the money's off my credit card, too ...

Last edited by friktion; 11-11-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
gweminence
Fat Guy

Damn, why not me? I ordered that day, too. Grrrr
Old 11-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
I'm jealous of all of you. Mine still says Not Yet Shipped.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote