Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
Ameleg
Eater of Words
Ameleg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Talking The Red Man a Dark Fantasy Short - Now free!

Now free on Smashwords:The Red Man

Martin awakes naked on the shores of a silent and hungry world.

He has no memory of how he got there, no memory of anything beyond his name. Now he must journey through the Eating Wastes in which the very land he walks on tries to consume him. His only hope of escape are massive gateways that call to him to enter, all he has to do is make it to one. The journey will test both his will and flesh as nightmarish creatures stalk his every move, wanting to claim him for their own.
available on both Smashwords and Amazon.

What some others have said about it on Amazon:

This story read like a satisfyingly horrific nightmare--something Neil Gaiman and Lovecraft might have written together. Eyeless monsters, creatures with too many joints, and a hungry, living land are just some of the things the main character Martin faces when he wakes naked in a strange land.

I really enjoyed the gruesome imagery and the sweeping imagination of the author as he lead us through the land. Like another reviewer said, it was a cool moment when I finally understood the title. A good read!

and another

Alex is a talented writer who knows how to weave a story. His talents flourish in The Red Man, and while the narrative itself is enough merit to warrant a reading, you would be doing yourself a great disservice in not seeing the subtext of this piece. He examines the idea of humanity as it relates to the person--meaning that it should make you look at yourself and consider the concept of "who you are" as an alien thing.

Who are you? Are you an alien among your own kind? The answer should be difficult for you if you have even a scrap of self-awareness.

Discover yourself through The Red Man. I've learned a bit, I reckon.

Last edited by Ameleg; 06-05-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Now free on smashwords
Ameleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome to MobileRead.

The Red Man sounds great. Do you have any plans publishing it anywhere else other than Amazon?

Alot of the readers here like sites such as Smashwords where they can pick up ebooks DRM free in the format of their choice.

I've put this on my wish list at Amazon. At 99c I might drop it on my next purchase there whenever that is.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
Ameleg
Eater of Words

It's currently in the publishing queue at Smashwords. I've got 2300 books ahead of me at the moment so I'll update the OP when it's published
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool. I might wait until it's in Smashwords then.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher
WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony eReader, Kindle
Just popping in to highly recommend Meleg's THE RED MAN.
WilliamVitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
there's no reviews at amazon - maybe you could be the first to review it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamVitka View Post
Just popping in to highly recommend Meleg's THE RED MAN.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher
WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony eReader, Kindle
You read my mind.
WilliamVitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
Ameleg
Eater of Words

The Red Man is now FREE on Smashwords, see the OP please.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:05 AM   #9
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Cool - downloaded.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #10
Dangereye
Andrew
Dangereye began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Read The Red Man, enjoyed it, particularly the finale. Thanks.
Dangereye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
Ameleg
Eater of Words

No, thank you for reading it! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy ebook, horror ebook, scifi ebook, short story