Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #2326
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
gosh darn it it only applies to a certain books that allows coupons.
Yes, all Kobo coupons are like that. I keep hoping they'll start accepting coupons on more books now that agency pricing is supposedly dead...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #2327
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I behaved and only got two. (Well, so far...)
I wish I could've behaved. Damn you Kobo and your multi-use coupons codes! I ended up getting 22 books that were on my wish lists from various retailers. 30% off and tax free ( I pay taxes on B&N and Amazon purchases) combined with weakness on my part made for a heckuva shopping spree.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #2328
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I'm doomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Off-list and multi-use? So not a good thing
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #2329
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
I just want to clarify. Kobo quite often have 30% everything multi use codes sales?
There's really no pattern to it. They may put out several and then have a dry spell for a while. Sometimes they are just one-use, sometimes on a specific list, sometimes multi-use, or any combination. We have had 40% and up to as much as 90% off on a 1-use coupon.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #2330
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
And also a multi-use 90% off code on Cyber Monday (though it worked only for certain books, but still nice)...
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #2331
twicefivemiles
twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 10, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 8, iPhone 5, Nexus 5
I don't know, I used to buy a lot of Kobo books but I think I've switched to Amazon (nearly) for good. Even with the coupon, after two (!) taxes, the books I have my eye on are still cheaper as regularly priced Kindle books.
twicefivemiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #2332
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twicefivemiles View Post
I don't know, I used to buy a lot of Kobo books but I think I've switched to Amazon (nearly) for good. Even with the coupon, after two (!) taxes, the books I have my eye on are still cheaper as regularly priced Kindle books.
I guess it depends on the books (and maybe the taxes) and where you live.

I always check prices. And with coupons Kobo is normally cheaper for the books I'm interested in (except for Kindle deals, of course).

One example is Wheels of Time 14: 16,99 Euro on Amazon, only one version available. But there are two versions I could buy from Kobo, and one is 13,74 Euro with 30% off.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #2333
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Same here. Had a $100 gift card on the account whose balance is now in the singles digit...
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #2334
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I guess it depends on the books (and maybe the taxes) and where you live.

I always check prices. And with coupons Kobo is normally cheaper for the books I'm interested in (except for Kindle deals, of course).

One example is Wheels of Time 14: 16,99 Euro on Amazon, only one version available. But there are two versions I could buy from Kobo, and one is 13,74 Euro with 30% off.
I SO envy you. Where I am there is only one opion, I'm currently in Mexico and there's only the $24.59US version available (originally 34.16) but I used the MaySave40 on it

Quote:
You are SOOO right, I have given in and bought eight books with it. (Plus another two from a Mexican bookstore, the kobo Spanish selection isn't all that great).

Quote:
Originally Posted by twicefivemiles View Post
As Jaden says it depends on where you live. I pay no tax on kobo books, but then again I have a more limited selection (on the bright side coupons seem to work on all books...). Also, the few times I decided to comparison shop on Amazon the books were cheaper on Kobo. But quick question, are you still sticking to the Kobo hardware despite buying Amazon books? or has hardware never mattered to you. Plus I personally like that they give the option to download with adobe drm as it gives me choices without having to strip drm (though I do it for backups anyway).
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #2335
Jaden
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
I SO envy you. Where I am there is only one opion, I'm currently in Mexico and there's only the $24.59US version available (originally 34.16) but I used the MaySave40 on it
Wow, and here I am still waiting for the book to get cheaper.

I must admit, though, that I haven't even started to read book 1. Didn't want to start another series that isn't finished. I used MaySave40 on book 13 (which was 4,20 Euro after discount - I'm so spoiled ).

Quote:
You are SOOO right, I have given in and bought eight books with it. (Plus another two from a Mexican bookstore, the kobo Spanish selection isn't all that great).
10 books - and I really had to restrain myself.

Quote:
Plus I personally like that they give the option to download with adobe drm as it gives me choices without having to strip drm (though I do it for backups anyway).
I like that, too. And sometimes they even offer DRM free epub which I like even better (7 of the books I got yesterday where DRM free. Yay!)
Old 05-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #2336
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
No one else seen this (up to ?) 75% off code ?

pennsale

One time only apparently, and can only use on the ARKANE series by J F Penn.

I haven't tried it so can't confirm it works.

....correction, just tried it and it works, but only 74.9% !

Last edited by mXb; 05-12-2013 at 03:18 PM.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #2337
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post

pennsale

Thanks used this one and worked for me as well on one of the ARKANE books.

Some of the codes on the frist post are expiredat least they were for me)
Comeback3302_3 is expired
Comeback3102_3 is expired
thanks3702_3 is expired
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #2338
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post

pennsale

Thank you! Grabbed the first one, sounds very interesting.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #2339
twicefivemiles
twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 10, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 8, iPhone 5, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
But quick question, are you still sticking to the Kobo hardware despite buying Amazon books? or has hardware never mattered to you. Plus I personally like that they give the option to download with adobe drm as it gives me choices without having to strip drm (though I do it for backups anyway).
I had a Kobo Touch a while back but sold it when I switched to tablets. And then caved again last month for a Kindle Fire. Converting 100ish epubs wasn't fun but I didn't mind. I'll buy from pretty much anywhere except B&N or iTunes (converting reasons) but for the longest time, in Canada, the Kobo was really our only ereader option. Well, Sony, too, but it was not as heavily marketed.
twicefivemiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #2340
Jamdep
Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
MaySave40 expired on 13 May
Jamdep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals