Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
robbhud121
robbhud121 began at the beginning.

Device: Cruz Reader R103
Help with Cruz reader

Hello, I recently bought my daughter a Cruz Reader for Christmas, however I have been bashing my head in trying to figure out how to add music to it. Basically i would like to transfer music from my pc to the reader. There is little to no support that i have been able to find for the reader. I have tried accessing it as a drive, however i have no idea where to put my MP3's, do i need to create a folder? then after that, is there some special apps that I need to download to listen to the music? I appreciate the help! Merry Christmas.
robbhud121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I found a User Guide

http://s3.velocitymicro.com/vmcruz/R...ide12-7-10.pdf
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
robbhud121

I appreciate you trying, but the guide doesnt show you where to store the MP3's, can anyone recommend an app and explain where the files must be stored to listen to the music?
Old 12-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Doesn't it come with a music app preloaded? Just put the music files on the storage card and try to access them through the music player that comes with the device.

At this stage you may have to find your way using the trial and error approach.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
robbhud121

I have been doing that, but no matter where i put the music , the music player doesnt show the file
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
RichieRich
RichieRich began at the beginning.

Device: none
When you plug cruz into the computer and open the directory, you'll see 3 folders, all you do is add new folder and name it Music, then add all your mp3's into the folder, then unplug from the computer after it's all done loading. It should then be in your music directory ready to play. I did this today for a friends 6 yr old daughter(Cruz R103), lil bugger got all my mp3's appropriate for her age
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
newcruzer
newcruzer began at the beginning.

Device: Cruz Reader (Borders)
THANKS!

I was trying to do the same thing, and downloaded music to my main directory, but the music was not in my music player. I could get it to play, just not through the mp3 app. Weird. Hope this works - thanks for the advice on creating a new folder.
newcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
Rick1971
cool a zombie!
Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Lenovo a2107a-f, Le PanII, Motorola Xoom FE
dont mean to hijack, but do you Cruz guys know how to get book (epub) already purchased, onto the Cruz
in a type of library?

Last edited by Rick1971; 01-01-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Rick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
Cherryskullz
Cherryskullz began at the beginning.

Device: velocity Cruz reader R101
music on ur reader

So far i have the easiest way to add music to the Cruz reader is by dropping MP3 files on a external SD card.

Once u do that then follow the instructions in the owners manual for the "transfer via external SD card" which are...

STEP 1: Insert external SD card and open ASTRO.
STEP 2: Navigate with the up arrow to the root of the device and tap the sdcard1 directory
icon to access your card.
STEP 3: Select the “Multi” button on the menu bar, then tap each fi le you want to move to
your Cruz device. You know the fi le is selected when the fi le name is highlighted.
STEP 4: Select the “Copy” button on the menu bar, then tap the Up button on the menu bar
to move up one level, then tap the sdcard directory icon to access your internal SD
card and select the “Paste” button on the menu ba
Cherryskullz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Cherryskullz

as for the Epub files i downloaded a app for those called FBreader from the cruz marketplace. Once u download it then start the app it has instructions on where to put the files to make FBreader automatically find them.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
bobc30_2
bobc30_2 began at the beginning.

Device: cruz reader 7"
Hi I go to astro click on it .Then click the up arrow to show sdcard 1 click on that. then click on music. then songs.Then it puts in in the folder. the next time on the main screen just click on the music icon.Hop this helps Bob
bobc30_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
bobc30_2
bobc30_2 began at the beginning.

Device: cruz reader 7"
If you havent yet down load. skyfire. Good video player. for news and youtube. Just go to skyfire,com on your reader. when you get there click on the 2.0 down load and install . Take care Bob
bobc30_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
dodo1989
dodo1989 began at the beginning.

Device: Cruz Reader R101
Intrusion

Sorry for the intrusion, but i don't know where to write this question. I have a Cruz Reader R101, but i broke my charger. The problem is that i'm italian and here they don't sell it, so i'm trying to find like a universal one, but it's pretty much impossible. The first question is: is it a charger or a power supply? And for each one what are the specifics(Votlage, Ampere)? Or do you know someone compatible with the Cruz Reader? Thanks.
dodo1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 AM   #14
Cherryskullz

Velocity sales them on there website. They should have the specifics on them too. I would look there.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #15
ashley.rckr
ashley.rckr began at the beginning.

Device: cruz reader r 103
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbhud121 View Post
Hello, I recently bought my daughter a Cruz Reader for Christmas, however I have been bashing my head in trying to figure out how to add music to it. Basically i would like to transfer music from my pc to the reader. There is little to no support that i have been able to find for the reader. I have tried accessing it as a drive, however i have no idea where to put my MP3's, do i need to create a folder? then after that, is there some special apps that I need to download to listen to the music? I appreciate the help! Merry Christmas.
you might try to download something called nero mobile2go it was designed for the dsi adn i used it to put music on my kids dsi memory cards and the cards work in the readers that we just got the nero deal cost like $5.00 to download! but i hope this helps you!
ashley.rckr is offline   Reply With Quote