Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 03:32 AM   #31
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I have another thing I was wondering about with ebooks. I have a lot of very special (to me) books that are not in ebook format (any format) at all.

The Dragonlance books are a classic example. The latest set of three are available but not the classics. I wonder if this is because when Amazon brings out an ebook it has to be priced lower than the cheapest book, and if thats causing publishers not to bother?

The Vampire Diaries are the latest example of this, books 5 and 6 are already out, book 7 is a pre order at over £8.00 but books 1-3 (not sure whats happened to 4) are pre orders for the end of October at £3.50 or less.

I know generally we all agree new release ebook prices can be expensive but if the back issue books are going to be priced cheaply its not really an incentive to publishers to bring them out.

I would pay good prices for the books I am trying to replace.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #32
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
It is a scam to get us to buy a Kindle!!!
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #33
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I know generally we all agree new release ebook prices can be expensive but if the back issue books are going to be priced cheaply its not really an incentive to publishers to bring them out.
By the time the back catalogue makes it out to ebook stores, they've already made the money from the fans with the pbook (or those who bought the ebook when it was fresh out). It costs them little or nothing to offer, so you could say it serves for promotion of the author as well as the latest book.

I say when publishers release a back-catalogue series, the first book should be free or very close to free.
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #34
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
I say when publishers release a back-catalogue series, the first book should be free or very close to free.
That would be lovely but I would settle just for having the back issue books released!

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-07-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote