Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #16
khazaddum
Enthusiast
khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Yes, they are marked as "Personal Documents".

But, as long as I know, this is not a problem but, instead, a feature.
It's just that when I sync them to my Paperwhite, the covers appear with this annoying tag 'Personal' tag at the bottom.

I get around it by sending them directly to the device via usb, but they can't be synced to the Cloud in that case.
khazaddum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #17
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
eschwartz
Writing about failures in Amazon converter in case of Calibre converted files I meant Amazon online converter (not kindlegen). Online converter rejects almost 100% of sent files (renamed azw3 to mobi) with CalibreXX names in css.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
eschwartz
Writing about failures in Amazon converter in case of Calibre converted files I meant Amazon online converter (not kindlegen). Online converter rejects almost 100% of sent files (renamed azw3 to mobi) with CalibreXX names in css.
Emailing documents to the Kindle has never worked for KF8 files, regardless of their extension, so yes, I would expect it to reject precisely 100% of them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #19
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Harry, as I wrote above, azw3 extracted from mobi converted from epub by kindlegen and renamed back to mobi gets always accepted by Send to Kindle. The only condition is: ePub must be man-made. Just test any ePub from our forum.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
Harry, as I wrote above, azw3 extracted from mobi converted from epub by kindlegen and renamed back to mobi gets always accepted by Send to Kindle. The only condition is: ePub must be man-made. Just test any ePub from our forum.
If you created a book with calibre, and regexed the css to non-calibre names, then converted with kindlegen, it should work??
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:14 AM   #21
EbokJunkie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
If you created a book with calibre, and regexed the css to non-calibre names, then converted with kindlegen, it should work??
Who knows? TBH, I never investigated details further because I'm not interested in storing anything in the cloud cabinet while Amazon keeps it as unstructured disordered heap.

Tags
amazon, calibre, mobi