Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #31
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
To Kill a Mockingbird. That's #1 for me.

eP
I'd like that one as well. IIRC I read somewhere that Harper Lee is against it coming out as an ebook.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #32
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
All of Mary Stewart's mystery/romance books. All of the Brother Cadfael books by Ellis Peters.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #33
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
One I book I'd like to see as an ebook is Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa. Also wouldn't mine seeing Taiko by the same author.
Yes. Musashi is a great but very thick book.

I just bought Taiko from Amazon. Another book on the TBR pile.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #34
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
What I'd really love to have on my Kindle would be the Judy Bolton series, by Margaret Sutton. The first book of the series was published in 1932, my Mom had several books from the series that used to belong to my grandmother. I really wish that I could have the whole series in ebook format.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #35
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
All of Mary Stewart's mystery/romance books. All of the Brother Cadfael books by Ellis Peters.
15 of Mary Stewart's mystery/romance books are available at Amazon uk
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #36
Mel
Connoisseur
Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android tablet
I thought I was the only one who remembered "White Wing." I've never met anyone who has read it. I would buy it as an ebook in a second. It is one of the books that survived my post-college book purge.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #37
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne80 View Post
15 of Mary Stewart's mystery/romance books are available at Amazon uk
Doesn't do me any good, as I am in the US.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #38
Dorca
the Just
Dorca began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
digitalised Cadfael novels also can be found online.
Dorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Sometimes A Great Notion by Ken Kesey. Not sure why but that book hooked me as a young adult and I read it every year for over a decade. Eventually my copy fell apart.

If I could find it as a legal ebook I would begin reading it immediately.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #40
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Time and Again by Jack Finney. The Seven-Per-Cent Solution by Nicholas Meyer. I have them in paperback, but can't read the print size.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #41
Baroness
ePub Fan
Baroness began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Already an ebook. It was on sale a week or two ago as well.

I'd love to see Pippi Longstocking available as an ebook.
In English...
Baroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #42
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness View Post
In English...
And German ....
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #43
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
The Saint series by Leslie Charteris.
Many of the Saint books are already in eBook format. Barnes & Noble seem to have more of them than anyone else. I used 1dollarscan.com to digitise my collection.

Last edited by DarkScribe; 12-11-2012 at 11:28 PM.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #44
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Many of the Saint books are already in eBook format. Barnes & Noble seem to have more of them than anyone else. I used idollolarscan.com to digitise my collection.
Is that the same as 1dollarscan? I have two out of print books I have been meaning to use this service for.
Do your ebooks have any typos or formatting issues due to OCR problems at all?
And do they actually deliver a kindle compatible format like .mobi, or just a file you have to convert yourself?

Last edited by xendula; 12-11-2012 at 10:01 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #45
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
To Kill a Mockingbird. That's #1 for me.

eP
Definitely.

And the November Man series by Bill Granger. Considering chopping up my hardbacks and scanning them, since I am a hardcore re-reader.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote