Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 08:43 PM   #61
Padraic73
Padraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Keyboard/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuetron View Post
Unless OP gets a hand on a Libra H2O, there will not be any touch input for it. We are better off getting the same device as OP to get compatibility with this app.
Gotcha, any other good comic readers for the Libra then?
Padraic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #62
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by findog88 View Post
I am getting the same problem where no touch inputs are being registered on my kobo auro h2o
As already mentioned since I don't own all the devices there is not much I can do unless someone can send me code with the fixes or wrap up a pull request.
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #63
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

New release

I just released version 2.4.0

Updated to Qt 5.15.2.
Added Manhwa mode: Adds vertical touch scrolling for very long pages like in Manhwas. Can be enabled in the settings.
Added support for proxies.
Fixed Mangapana.
Fixed several bugs.

You can find it, as always, here:
https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMangaReader/releases
Old 12-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #64
Patatas
Patatas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks for the release, sadly the touch screen issue in the kobo libra H2O still happens on the newest build.

About sending you code with the fix, sadly I have 0 knowledge of programming, but maybe we can open a thread in the developer corner asking for some insight from the creators of other apps, as they might be handling the touch inputs in a different way? I don't even know if that would be against the forum rules or if it wouldn't sit right with other devs...

as usual, if there is anything I can do to help as a user please let us know
Patatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:03 PM   #65
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We've kind of already went over those things: it really requires someone with actual time/interest/devices to fix it.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2020, 10:46 AM   #66
Vesti
Vesti began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
So i just got my Kobo Forma and tried to use UMR and my reader just got stuck and i can't turn it off or reset it.
What can i do here? Is my Forma bricked?

https://imgur.com/a/MTQ9z1H

Last edited by Vesti; 12-23-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Vesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 01:12 PM   #67
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesti View Post
So i just got my Kobo Forma and tried to use UMR and my reader just got stuck and i can't turn it off or reset it.
What can i do here? Is my Forma bricked?

https://imgur.com/a/MTQ9z1H
Hold the power button for about 20 seconds, release, wait 5 seconds and press the power button until the LED starts flashing.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #68
Vesti
Vesti began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hold the power button for about 20 seconds, release, wait 5 seconds and press the power button until the LED starts flashing.
The LED never starts flashing.
tried this multiple times.
Vesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:57 PM   #69
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If 20s doesn't cut it, hold the power button until the frontlight turns off, as that's a good tell that it actually tripped the hard poweroff (assuming it wasn't off to begin with, in which case, just hold it for A Good Long While (TM)).

You won't actually see the power LED do anything until the bootup sequence (e.g., the "press the power button for a bit after waiting a few seconds" part of @DNSB's instructions).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:56 AM   #70
freshkilz
freshkilz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
New update works great, it's a lot quicker
freshkilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #71
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
I just released version 2.4.0

Updated to Qt 5.15.2.
Added Manhwa mode: Adds vertical touch scrolling for very long pages like in Manhwas. Can be enabled in the settings.
Added support for proxies.
Fixed Mangapana.
Fixed several bugs.

You can find it, as always, here:
https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMangaReader/releases
Would it be possible to add other sources? Or a way to add our own sources? Thanks!

Edit: it's because my daughter would like to read the manga in French and there's no French sources as far as I know.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:50 PM   #72
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi,

First of all, happy new, best wishes.

A while ago (sorry for the delay) I have published of quick bin version of the modifications I made to make it work on Libra H2O (here). It seems outdated ;-).

I just made a pull request for
OfficerAction in order to have my modifications.

It's working with the current github compiled version with a qt 5.15.1 (I don't have test with 5.15.2 version since my machine is no very powerful and a qt compilation take hours)

Hope it will help to get it working for Libra H2O owners. With my modifications it will also give better trace for other devices so we can have a better support of the MT protocol.

I still have one small issue after a wake up and the comfort light is activated by the system if umr is launched the first time the comfortlight is disabled. I have to restart UMR.
kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:41 AM   #73
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Happy new year everyone.
Thanks for the pull request!
It works for me without any issues.

I have bundeled up a quick beta release so other people can test it as well.

https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMa...tag/2.5.0-beta

Changelog:
Fixed touch inputs for Libra H2O and hopefully other devices as well.
Fixed a possible crash on Mangakakalot.
Fixed several bugs.

NickelMenu is now the preferred launcher.
An entry for UMR can be added with the line:
menu_item :main :Ultimate Manga Reader :cmd_spawn :quiet:/mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReader/ultimatemangareader.sh

It will still work with kfmon, but the config file will no longer bundled in the release.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:16 AM   #74
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
Would it be possible to add other sources? Or a way to add our own sources? Thanks!

Edit: it's because my daughter would like to read the manga in French and there's no French sources as far as I know.
It's quite possible to add other websites as sources, but it is also quite some work. If you want to try it I can give you some hints on how to approach it
Old 01-02-2021, 08:18 AM   #75
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi OfficerAction,

Great news and thank you to for such a quick integration and I'm happy it doesn't affect the behavior on your device.

By the way do you have any clue about the light management issue I have (I would try to send also a code modification) ?

I'm going to update my modifications with the 5.15.2 touchdev Qt input implementation (my pc is on going to compil src qt-everywhere).

For other devices if it is not working I could help it is possible to have a touch event log file generated.
kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote