Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-04-2022, 01:47 AM   #31
guoyongzhi
guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaqs View Post
Is this basically an alternative to the amazon send to kindle by e-mail but for jailbroken devices?
Yes, I think so, roughly.
guoyongzhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:45 PM   #32
QBit99
Enthusiast
QBit99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 11th Gen

Here's the error msg in log: ./mailpush.sh: line 61: python3: not found
While seemed to be installed in the device. What am i doing wrong?
QBit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:17 PM   #33
QBit99
Enthusiast

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NqB...ew?usp=sharing

The picture shows the content of the folder "mrpackage" and "python3" on the device

Here's the error msg in log: ./mailpush.sh: line 61: python3: not found
While python seemed to be installed in the device. What am i doing wrong?

Last edited by QBit99; 05-10-2022 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:15 PM   #34
userresu
userresu began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 10
got the same issue:

./mailpush.sh: line 61: python3: not found kill: can´t kill pid 6695: No such process
userresu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:22 AM   #35
guoyongzhi
guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.guoyongzhi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by userresu View Post
./mailpush.sh: line 61: python3: not found
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBit99 View Post
./mailpush.sh: line 61: python3: not found
It still seems that Python3 is not installed properly.
a. If you have kterm or any ssh client, what is the result of entering `python3` (then press enter) into it? It should return something like:
Python 3.9.6 (defalut, Aug 9 2021, 05:24:20)
[GCC 11.2.0] on linux
Type "help", ...
>>>
Tips: enter `exit()` then `exit` to exit the kterm.
b. This contains the log of installing Python3: extensions/MRInstaller/log/mrinstaller.log
You can check it to see the installation status.
Have you installed the correct version of Python3? There are [Packages targeting the Kindle 2/DX/DXG/3/4] and [Packages targeting the Kindle 5 (Touch/PW1/PW2/KT2/KV/PW3/KOA/KT3/KOA2/PW4/KT4/KOA3/PW5)]. And there may be [...pw2_and_up.bin] and [...touch_pw.bin] in one package.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:46 AM   #36
userresu

Thanks for the help. I just reinstalled python and changed the name of the "config.json" file to "config". That did the trick for me
Old 05-12-2022, 08:30 AM   #37
userresu

Another thing. Does anyone has a suggestion for a way to surpass the 25 mb limit of sending files (.epub) via email. I tried we transfer, but that wont work cause it just attaches a download link instead of the file itself so mailpush doesnt recognizes it.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:54 AM   #38
guoyongzhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by userresu View Post
Another thing. Does anyone has a suggestion for a way to surpass the 25 mb limit of sending files (.epub) via email. I tried we transfer, but that wont work cause it just attaches a download link instead of the file itself so mailpush doesnt recognizes it.
You should click or right-click the download button or the file in the downloading task bar in your web browser to find something like "Copy download link". That is the true file link. By the way, you may need to use "saveto mybook.epub" to specify the name of the saved file.

Last edited by guoyongzhi; 05-12-2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-15-2022, 02:21 PM   #39
QBit99
Enthusiast

I sent a 15 Mb book earlier today. It says fetch successful on the kindle but the book ain't showing up in the Downloads folder. I look into the log file and i'm getting this:
** 2022-05-15 13:52:51 **
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/us/extensions/MailPushRU-1.2-RU/src/mailpush.py", line 22, in <module>
files = fetch_files(**config)
File "/mnt/us/extensions/MailPushRU-1.2-RU/src/fetchfiles.py", line 93, in fetch_files
msg = email.message_from_bytes(msg_data[0][1])
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/__init__.py", line 46, in message_from_bytes
return BytesParser(*args, **kws).parsebytes(s)
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/parser.py", line 123, in parsebytes
return self.parser.parsestr(text, headersonly)
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/parser.py", line 67, in parsestr
return self.parse(StringIO(text), headersonly=headersonly)
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/parser.py", line 56, in parse
feedparser.feed(data)
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/feedparser.py", line 176, in feed
self._call_parse()
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/feedparser.py", line 180, in _call_parse
self._parse()
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/feedparser.py", line 385, in _parsegen
for retval in self._parsegen():
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/feedparser.py", line 469, in _parsegen
self._cur.set_payload(EMPTYSTRING.join(lines))
MemoryError

I have absolutely no clue what to do next
Old 05-16-2022, 02:54 AM   #40
guoyongzhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBit99 View Post
I sent a 15 Mb book earlier today. It says fetch successful on the kindle but the book ain't showing up in the Downloads folder. I look into the log file and i'm getting this:
** 2022-05-15 13:52:51 **
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/us/extensions/MailPushRU-1.2-RU/src/mailpush.py", line 22, in <module>
files = fetch_files(**config)
File "/mnt/us/extensions/MailPushRU-1.2-RU/src/fetchfiles.py", line 93, in fetch_files
msg = email.message_from_bytes(msg_data[0][1])
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/__init__.py", line 46, in message_from_bytes
return BytesParser(*args, **kws).parsebytes(s)
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/parser.py", line 123, in parsebytes
return self.parser.parsestr(text, headersonly)
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/parser.py", line 67, in parsestr
return self.parse(StringIO(text), headersonly=headersonly)
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/parser.py", line 56, in parse
feedparser.feed(data)
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/feedparser.py", line 176, in feed
self._call_parse()
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/feedparser.py", line 180, in _call_parse
self._parse()
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/feedparser.py", line 385, in _parsegen
for retval in self._parsegen():
File "/mnt/us/python3/lib/python3.9/email/feedparser.py", line 469, in _parsegen
self._cur.set_payload(EMPTYSTRING.join(lines))
MemoryError

I have absolutely no clue what to do next
It looks like the Kindle has run out of its memory. This is not a bug, but the hardware limit has been reached.
If you fetched multiple emails at once or attached multiple files to one email, you can send them separately. And in this case, I can optimize the code (release memory more diligently) to relieve memory pressure. So, please let me know.
If not, you can send large file by download link instead of attaching it. This approach avoids reading the file at once into memory but download it in chunks.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:22 AM   #41
Mars95
Mars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheeseMars95 can extract oil from cheese

Device: AuraE2, Poke 3, PW5, Libra 2
Thank you very much for this. In case anyone is interested and hadn't thought of it, you can run the script directly from koreader terminal. I've just put the command in the "/koreader/scripts/profile.user" file so it runs as soon as the terminal opens (or you could make an alias), and then made a corner tap gesture in the main menu to open terminal.
1 click to fetch new books, very cool. :-)
Mars95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 07:27 AM   #42
guoyongzhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars95 View Post
Thank you very much for this. In case anyone is interested and hadn't thought of it, you can run the script directly from koreader terminal. I've just put the command in the "/koreader/scripts/profile.user" file so it runs as soon as the terminal opens (or you could make an alias), and then made a corner tap gesture in the main menu to open terminal.
1 click to fetch new books, very cool. :-)
As a supplement, the proper command can refer to [menu.json](https://github.com/guo-yong-zhi/Mail...ster/menu.json), the items after "action"s. For example, use command cd /mnt/us/extensions/MailPush; ./mailpush.sh python3 -u src/mailpush.py can `Fetch mails wifh config.json`. (Please replace /extensions/MailPush with your correct path.)

Last edited by guoyongzhi; 01-17-2023 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:13 PM   #43
dannydav709
dannydav709 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
Red face Whispersync

Would books “mailpush-ed” with this extention still sync across devices (via whispersync, or whatever)
dannydav709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 05:34 AM   #44
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Nope.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote