Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2018, 04:46 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
The newish ebay cover I have for my H2O2 is falling apart. I've just ordered a Gecko Slimfit.
I had a Gecko case for my H2O. I sent it back because the magnets were misaligned and the case did not properly close. I ordered it from Amazon and was able to easily send it back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #32
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I very happy with my H2Ov2 (now I've updated the firmware and fixed the sleepcover problems), and I am content with the OEM cover. I'd rather it did not have the fold-over bit (I'd rather it was like the Aura One cover), but the quality and fit all seem very good.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #33
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Aura
I'm glad to find more info on covers! I hate the new official covers SO much. I don't know if I am allowed to post links, but here is the cover I used to have on my old Aura :
https://www.google.ca/search?q=kobo+...4yK8rs_Tgb5RM:

And it was THE BEST! Such good quality, well built. Now I just can't seem to find good/pretty covers for my H20 in Canada, except on Alliexpress, but the design are... questionnable ! And since it's a 6.8'' screen, it's even harder, because you can't look for universal 6'' covers. Huh !
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:43 AM   #34
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I had a Gecko case for my H2O. I sent it back because the magnets were misaligned and the case did not properly close. I ordered it from Amazon and was able to easily send it back.
I ordered direct from Gecko (when I needed a replacement in the past, they didn't require a return at all, which is good because Australia->overseas postage rates are huge).

It arrived today, two weeks after ordering, and it's lovely. The inside of the cover flap is a smooth water-resistant coating instead of the old felt. The magnet works perfectly. If anyone wants photos, let me know.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:02 AM   #35
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The "felt" is horrible, picking up all sorts of junk and then dropping it on the screen. I may stick something on it. I bought my cover in Amazon. Also back is I think thicker than needed. It's only the screen that needs serious protection.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert