Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
Cath
Enthusiast
Cath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014
View books not in collection

Before this latest update, I could easily view which books weren't in any collection by choosing "books" and "collections". This still works for me in "on device" mode, but in cloud mode all my books are listed after the collections regardless of whether or not they're in a collection. Is there any way now to see which books are, so to speak, orphaned?
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Are you sure they are in a collection? This still works for me in cloud view. I had a few that "lost" their collection home, but once I fixed them, they work as they should.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I just posted a question about this yesterday on the Kindle Users forum. All my books are in collections but since the new update, Cloud view doesn't work the way it used to. All the Cloud books trail the collections, even though they're in those collections. Some answers were posted, but nothing helps. I think it's just a update software error, but I'd love to be proven wrong - let us know if you find a solution!
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would suggest you put the trailers back into collections. I had a few that although they should be in collections they were not holding their collections. What I did was went in and took a few out and then put them back in, that forced the collections to start updating to Amazon's servers again. Once I did that, the view was back to the way it is supposed to be.

FWIW every update I always have anywhere from 5-15 books that lose their collections, it is usually the last ones I have purchased. I figured either they were not updated to the servers or the servers were out of date with my device.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Nyn, you are a genius! Just as you said, put some back and the rest disappeared - many thanks.
Plumadona
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #6
Cath
Enthusiast
Cath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014
Ah, I see - if I reassign one to its correct collection (i.e. remove it from the collection, then add it back) it refreshes that entire collection So I just need to do one book from each collection, and I'll be sorted. Thanks Nyn!

Last edited by Cath; 12-12-2014 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Figured it out
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath View Post
Ah, I see - if I reassign one to its correct collection (i.e. remove it from the collection, then add it back) it refreshes that entire collection So I just need to do one book from each collection, and I'll be sorted. Thanks Nyn!
You shouldn't need to do more than a few for it to re-sync all your collections. I don't know why it does this, it seems the e-ink devices are on some kind of delayed timer, whereas the tablets update in real time.