Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Request for an easy way to bring up user guide

It would be great if there was an easy way to bring up the clever little quick guide you set up, but ideally also have access to more detailed info when needed. Perhaps different ones for where you are in Marvin, such as for when reading a book.

I am still discovering new things in Marvin that are not documented anywhere that I can see. Like today I tapped and held on the book name at the top of the screen and was presented with the book summary - slightly different between the iPhone and iPad, but a nice touch that I only discovered because I am a nosy so and so.

More to the point, as I'm getting older and growing more feeble, etc, etc (*smile*), I keep on forgetting how to do things, and it would be really helpful to have easy access to a 'how to' or faq section...
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
I am still discovering new things in Marvin that are not documented anywhere that I can see. Like today I tapped and held on the book name at the top of the screen and was presented with the book summary - slightly different between the iPhone and iPad, but a nice touch that I only discovered because I am a nosy so and so.

I agree with you. This particular pop-up is extremely useful to have in Marvin, but I bet many (most?) Marvin users have no idea that it exists. (This has been discussed in previous months.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
I recently suggested that Kris include a "Welcome to Marvin" ebook inside Marvin's library. Like a user guide. I think he's working on something like that.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

And my suggestion was...

Pop up a "Tip of the Day" mini-window upon every Marvin launch, introducing users to Marvin's less obvious features one-by-one... Naturally, there would be an easy, one-tap way to deactivate (and reactivate!) "Tips of the Day" for anyone not wishing to see them. Also, there should be a way to quickly browse through several/all "Tips of the Day". And, there could be hyperlinks inside the individual "Tips of the Day", "Tap here to learn more", allowing the user to go to a more comprehensive tutorial on any topic.

Last edited by Faterson; 09-22-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Would anyone be interested in helping write a user's guide?
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Would anyone be interested in helping write a user's guide?
I could help. I figure a lot of it can be taken from tutorials you already have online and then fill in the blanks from there.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks MeSue. I'll get in touch.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #8
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
I'm happy to contribute. Proofread, etc.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
kguil
Addict

Thanks. I'll try and kick start something soon.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #10
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Kris, I can help too let me know what you need.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
kguil
Addict

Thanks for your kindness. I'm finishing off another "big thing" in Marvin-world. Once things settle down a bit, I'll focus on this.

Tags
faq, quick guide