Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
Indigo121
Enthusiast
Indigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook
"Publisher default" Font family in Nook

I'm trying to make my Nook (original, latest version) use the entire width of the screen, which is more than the built-in margin selection permits me.

So far I've managed to edit an Epub's CSS to make it have 0 margins. The problem is no matter what font I write in the CSS the "Publisher default" on the device remains Malabar. And as you know once I uncheck the "Publisher default" I also lose the 0 margin I defined.

I've put these in every single style class but the Nook must have a different syntax for fonts.

font-family: "Amasis";
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;

Iv'e tried Arial, etc, but it always shows Malabar.

any ideas? Does Nook not recognize at all font types?

Thanks
Indigo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
When you say "original, latest version" are you referring to the Classic or the Simple Touch?
If it is a Simple Touch there are 6 fonts, I think?, available on the device. I think? 3?? on the classic?
Because you can change the CSS I assume it is a non-drm epub.
Here is what I do to all epubs I read and have found it to work most of the time on my Classic, my wife's STR, and on my Kobo.

In Calibre 1. hi-lite the book you wish to convert in your library
2. choose convert books
3. select look and feel
4. about 1/2 way down select the Filter Style Information tab
5. select all 5 boxes.
6. pull slider to bottom and see Other CSS properties
7 In the space add line-height,text-align
When I do this before side loading to the device I am able to change fonts, margins, line spacing, text justification, and font-size on almost all epubs.
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert