Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
kobo on vacation
kobo on vacation began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Unhappy Cant turn KOBO on PLease help!

I recently purchased a kobo online through chaptersindigo.ca, and today for the first time when i press the power button, the screen dosent change. The little blue light in the top right changed blue when applying the buttons but the screen always just says Powered off.
Please help, going crazy!

note. when connecting to my laptop via USB, the kobo file only shows the books uploaded. Is it maybe a problem with the software that comes with the reader? and if so, how can i get that software?

thanks
kobo on vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Have you tried a paperclip reset? Grab a small paperclip, bend it out, and insert into the little hole in the back bottom-left of the device. BE GENTLE - and you will feel the "click" of the reset. See if that helps. Let us know!
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
kobo on vacation

Thanks for the suggeston, however I did try this right away with no success. The same screen just says powered off regardless.
Please advise
Old 08-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #4
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

New? How did you charge it for a few hours before trying to use it?

Do you have Skype? My Skype name is clintbradford - on for a few more minutes.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #5
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo on vacation View Post
I recently purchased a kobo online through chaptersindigo.ca, and today for the first time when i press the power button, the screen dosent change. The little blue light in the top right changed blue when applying the buttons but the screen always just says Powered off.
Please help, going crazy!

note. when connecting to my laptop via USB, the kobo file only shows the books uploaded. Is it maybe a problem with the software that comes with the reader? and if so, how can i get that software?

thanks
Have you charge it first?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
kobo on vacation

Ive had the Kobo for 4 weeks already and it was fully charged. i just had it charged all night and no change at all. must say, quite disenchanted with the whole thing. cant help but say, I think paper books are much better because when you want to read them you can!
returning as soon as possible and thats it for me
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #7
kobo on vacation

new info on my situation. forgive my previous rant
I just opened up calibre and i now notice that all the files listed in my kobo have 0 size. The files sizes no longer display. You think maybe its the storage device on the kobo that went, or has the device itself just fried out? any suggestions.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo on vacation View Post
new info on my situation. forgive my previous rant
I just opened up calibre and i now notice that all the files listed in my kobo have 0 size. The files sizes no longer display. You think maybe its the storage device on the kobo that went, or has the device itself just fried out? any suggestions.
There might be one more combination to try out: center button
plus reset.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... There might be one more combination to try out: center button plus reset ...

Don't you mean MENU + CENTER OF DPAD + PAPERCLIP RESET?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #10
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... all the files listed in my kobo have 0 size ...

Have you tried re-loading a single title onto the Kobo?

Is Calibre properly set up to "know" it is making/uploading files to a Kobo?

Would you consider taking Calibre out of the equation, and just trying the Kobo app to download a title and sending it to your Kobo?

Or upload a /pdf to the SD card, and see if Kobo recognizes it as a "document."